Chapter 27

LORENZO

"Okay, good work," I sighed, dusting off my muddy tracksuit bottoms, my bare chest gleaming with sweat in the afternoon sun. "I do have one question for all of you before you go."

My pack warriors all nodded at me to to continue, some of them seeming nervous as they shifted from one foot to the other, their eyebrows raised with anticipation.

"Which one of you is sleeping with my sister?"

I was met with silence, which only agitated me further, my warriors all staring at me with wide confused eyes.

"Well, that's the only way she could have got herself onto my territory the other night during Natasha's party," I growled, puffing my chest out as I gazed at each of my warriors, my mouth set in a downward line. "That, or you're all just incapable of doing your job."

"Alpha, I didn't see anyone. I was watching the whole night," spoke up one of the men, causing me to growl loudly, nodding for him to stand back in line.

"Anyone else have a response? Perhaps a helpful one?" I asked passive aggressively, clasping my hands behind my back as I strolled up and down in front of my men, waiting for an answer.

I usually wasn't so harsh on my pack, but ever since Mia had come into my life, I was extra vigilant. It was of upmost importance to keep her safe, and I didn't see my sister as the best company to keep around my mate.

However, Martina was somehow slipping through the cracks and yet again, getting her way- just like usual.

"Well, if nobody has anything to own up to, then I guess you can all get on with your pack perimeter run," I said, smiling, causing my guards to gulp, clearly surprised by my sudden endurance increasing order. The men had been training for the past four hours, and they were expecting to be finished.

Two of the men in the front turned around, glaring at another, catching my attention. Stalking over to them, I crossed my arms over my chest, raising my brow at the warrior they were staring at. "Do any of you have anything to say to me? Oliver?"

Oliver gazed up, his face clearly being haunted by his guilt. He was one of my young warriors, but he was a fully grown adult, and knew better. My orders were final and everyone knew that.

"Right," I said, grabbing him by the back of the neck, yanking him out of line. "Everyone else can go."

I waited until the sounds of their boots squelching in the sticky mud slowly disappeared, leaving Oliver and I standing alone in the pack training field, my wolf itching to be allowed out and fight him.

But, I knew that would only happen if I was challenged by him, which I very much doubted he would even attempt to do.

"So you allowed my sister to pass onto my territory despite my orders to keep her out?" I growled, my chest rumbling, echoing throughout the cold bitter air, being carried through the thick tense atmosphere.

"Yes, I did, Alpha," Oliver sighed, dropping eye contact with me, his hands beginning to shake as he dropped to his knees before me, showing me his submission.

"That's fine, Oliver," I started, nodding my head. "You can continue to do what you please with my sister, but not as one of my warriors. You are relinquished from your duties."