Chapter 61

LORENZO

I had been longing for Mia to wake up so I could tell her that Ophelia had been caught, but, a part of me wanted to keep it a secret until I had seen it for myself. I didn't want Mia getting her hopes up and then finding out it wasn't the truth.

I didn't want to lie to her anymore though. She had already been upset with me for not telling her the truth about Caspian entering our premises, and even though I wanted to keep her safe, I knew that she was my Luna and deserved to know what was going on.

I couldn't wrap her up in cotton wool forever, despite the fact that I wanted to.

I saw how Mia's eyes had lit up once I had told her that Paula had called me to give me the news, and she immediately started crying with relief. If Ophelia really had been found, she would most likely be sentenced to death for what she had done, and all of this would be over.

"Martina, hurry the fuck up!" I called up the stairs as I tapped my foot against the hardwood flooring. Lily, Martina and I were on our way to meet with the board to go through the process of what would be happening with the trial, but I had informed them that Mia would not be coming along until I could decipher whether the news of Ophelia being captured was true or not.

The board was absolutely fine with it, and had agreed to accommodate for us.

Martina's heeled boots clacked against the floorboards as she rushed down the stairs, and I took notice of Mia who was settled down into the corner of the couch. She was looking at me with sad eyes, and I knew that she was disappointed she wasn't coming, but, I wasn't going to be taking the risk.

If this was some big ploy set up by Ophelia, then I was going to ensure that Mia was nowhere near her. She wouldn't be getting to her again.

The guards were going to be surrounding the border while I was gone. Nobody would be getting in or out.

Making my way over to my mate, I cupped her cheeks from behind, leaning over her to plant a heavy kiss on her lips. "I love you so much."

She blushed, smiling at me and giving my hand a good squeeze. "I love you too. Please be safe."

"We will back in no time, amore mio."

Ellie and Natasha smiled at us, Natasha wrapping her arms around her mate and planting a quick kiss to her cheek.

We exited the house, and I heard Mia begin to laugh at something that Ellie had said. I was glad that she wasn't too upset with me for wanting her to stay and keep her safe. She was still healing and I was definitely not going to take a chance with her.

Lily continued to babble as we made our way to the car, and I stiffened my jaw as I tried to tune her out. I had a plan of what we were going to do in my head. I just wanted to ensure Ophelia really had been captured and that the board checked out, and then, we would leave.

I still wasn't happy with the idea of Ophelia and Mia being in the same room as each other, but as long as I ensured it was completely safe for her, I would be okay with it.

I decided to drive, following the directions that the board had given me. I wasn't exactly knowledgeable on how the witch hierarchy worked, but Paula had explained that the board was a select group of witches who had power over all the others in this country, having been voted in. They preferred to run a democracy.