𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬

I know what they say. That I'm a witch. Assassin. Tyrant. I've heard it all before. But what I am heard most is the rumors of my so called madness. Some say it stemmed from my father, The Rogue Prince. Others say it is from Maegor. 

I'd like to say it is the second one. 

They speak of my tyranny, my unjust ruling. My despicable ways of eliminating my enemies. 

Though they do not know of my story and neither do you.

I...I was never what I am now.  I know of the saying that villains make war. But I ask, why must I bare the shame of the murder of my family, my innocence and honor? Why must I allow my perpetrator to walk freely for me to wallow eternally in my grief? Why must I grieve? Am I not deserving of revenge? 

Why should the woman of my world suffer in silence while the men cackle and drink their wine?Why must I account for everything?

I am...I am not what I once was. I too was a child but even as a child I understood more than I should have. I know naught if that is good or bad, but I know that I am deserving of your love and understanding.

I am deserving of the equal chance that is offered to those who sit on their thrones while I stand in the corner in silence.

Many have said I know of a prophecy beyond the understandings of man. I still don't know if that is the truth.

I don't remember a lot. I don't remember who I once was before I placed the crown of steel atop my head. The crown is a heavy burden. Each stone that laces it is brought forth from thousands of dead. Losing so much can take more than you sometimes let on.

I know naught of who I was or what I was but I know for one, I am not sorry. I am not sorry for the person I have become nor am I remorseful for those who have wronged me.

That is a poison I will not swallow.

I have loved, lived, and lied. I have taken up lovers and found comfort in those who I trusted. But still, I cannot find a will to keep living.

The stranger is close, I can feel him. He smiles kindly to me as I sit on this throne. But before I go, I shall tell you what happened that mournful day. 

So here it begins, the confession of my life. The life of Meranyce Velaryon. The silver seahorse that turned mad.

༺—༻

Meranyce Velaryon was born the day Maegor the Cruel was. Her name, based off of his. The court gossiped that it was a curse ever since her dragon died after it hatched in her crib. All attempts of her trying to fit in, or be accepted, failed. 

After her loss of a dragon and not being able to ride a dragon, she buried her life in books of histories and fantasies, staying in the library for almost entire periods of day, and at many times, sleeping in it. Though, after a while, visions had started to plague her, ending in sleepless nights and sunken dark eyes. 

Her brothers and uncles were didn't help as she thought of them as annoying space taking beings. Jacaerys was dull and boring and Luke was childish and immature to Meranyce. 

Aegon was...Aegon. Aemond was boring and possessed no personality and confidence while Helaena was sweet. But she could never be her friend not because she didn't like her but because they were genuinely polar opposites. 

She dressed always, and without fail, silver, black, or very dark red, so dark that you needed light to see if it was red at all. Her brown brows were always furrowed, and her eyes had always glared or narrowed when speaking to someone. Her hair had been constantly braided in Visenya's style, resulting in rich, thick, silver curls. 

Her childhood was rough. Bullied constantly, left out, harassed by Aegon, and ignored, though not by her parents. 

Funny thing about her parents, she considered them as weak, pathetic, and clingy. Rhaenyra always tried and made an effort to get close with her second child but as Meranyce got older, the attempts came in vain as she became rather more and more emotionless. 

She knew her father didn't have a taste for woman; rather the other gender he preferred, She knew her mother had secret sessions using the secret pathways to visit Ser Harwin. He was stupid and his emotion would be his downfall.  With all the hate for Ser Harwin, he did teach her one thing, how to fight. 

They would practice either in the very late hours of night or in the early hours of the sunrise. Meranyce became a skilled fighter in fencing and archery, being able to hit targets moving and blindfolded. 

Her mastery at fighting and defence was fueled by her anger, her family was the lot of idiots, the court was just a steaming shit filled gossip ground, and the anger of feeling not excepted. Her father went as far as to teach her the rules and marks of a tourney, chariot racing, and target shooting. Her favorite was the races where the skills of a marksman and horse rider were incorporated. Though, she wasn't going to waste her time in tourneys. 

So, after a while, Meranyce just didn't care anymore. That was a different level of confidence. She spoke her mind, not caring about anyone's feelings, blunt and somewhat rude, though, in her mind, she was just saying what she felt, she didn't find the need to go and apologize for it. 

With one last change, Princess Meranyce devoted herself to her studies, learning with her uncles and brothers before beginning to tutor herself.

If she was a witch then so be it. It was better than being dependent on a man.

No, anything was better.