[007] helaena and her sea of hope

Helaena sighed as she embroidered Mera another white lace collar. This one had seahorses, a new pattern she learned from the dressmakers. King's Landing was boring and long without Mera. It wasn't like she was fun and playful but Mera brought a sort of excitement and thrill to the everyday life of hers.

She looked out the window as her mother then came in causing her to immediately get up, throwing her embroidery to the side.

"Any letters mother?"

Alicent's smile dropped as she looked over to Mera's side of the room. She looked to Helaena's excited look before it was dropped like a stone. Her daughter was rarely happy now. She walked over and said, "My sweet, letters take some time to get over here."

Helaena nodded as she swallowed, "I suppose so." She turned back around and went back to her embroidery as her mother went and sat next to her. 

Alicent saw how Helaena edged away from her with a small shudder. "What are you embroidering my sweet?"

Helaena sat straighter as she said, "A new collar for Mera. This time it's of seahorses. I know how much she likes new collars."

Alicent gave a strained smile as she picked at her nails before sbe sucked in a breath if air. "Helaena...A few days ago Mera's mother proposed for her son, Jace...to marry you."

"Really?" Helaena said with a smile as she turned to her mother. "Oh I like him very much." 

Alicent widened her eyes. "Really?"

Helaena blushed as she nodded. "I think he is very gentle mother, he is fun to play with but he is rather loud sometimes. However, I find him evermore handsome." 

Alicent froze as she said, "I...I declined it Hel."

She saw how Helaena's eyes lost interest as she dropped her shoulders into a sag before she sighed, "Oh...Okay mother."

Alicent cleared her throat as she straightened her back. "I want you to marry Aegon." 

Helaena instantly stopped threading her needle as she knitted her brows and blinked. Like Mera, Alicent couldn't quite read her this time. 

"Oh sweet thing, say something."

Helaena frowned as she said, "Aegon?"

"Yes, it will be good for the family. To keep your Valyrian blood pure and...and to support Aegon in the ways that a wife would and in the ways of his claim."

Helaena looked down as she said, "I will bare his children?" Alicent nodded before Helaena strained as she brightened up, "Can Mera name them?"

She scoffed. "N-No Helaena. They are your children not hers therefore she cannot name them."  Helaena sighed before she said, "I could name them after her—"

"Alright, let us not get ahead of ourselves." Helaena nodded as Alicent grabbed her hands. "It will be for the best. Aegon will make you very happy. He will treat you like a queen, I promise Hel."

Helaena nodded, "Can Mera and her family be invited to my wedding?"

Alicents smile faltered before she nodded, "I suppose so."

Helaena smiled, "I hope I can dance with Mera at my wedding." Alicent clenched her jaw as she said, "I want you to get married as soon as you get your blood. And no telling Mera alright, it has to be a surprise."

Helaena beamed, "Alright, a surprise!"

She smiled harder as Alicent watched her daughter. She was completely ignorant of what she had agreed to. Well, perhaps it was better for her to not understand what was exactly happening.