[016] the dead do not smile

Mera opened her eyes to the cries of Joffrey as she blinked her large silver blue eyes. She huffed out a white puff of air as the cold and desolate room of her became evermore cold. 

It wasn't summer anymore. In a night in was Fall, and Fall on Dragonstone felt like winter in King's Landing. The usual temperature on Dragonstone which was once chilly, became even colder. Mera shivered as she leaned her head back before the cries of Joffrey urged her to get up.

It seemed her siblings were still asleep as Mera walked down her spiraling staircase before walking to Joffrey's crib as she walked around the shards of glass. 

"Hey," she picked him up as he cried before softly patting his back as he cried and bouncing him on her hip. 

He smiled as he gurgled, playing with her silver hair as Mera softly shushed him. She knew Joffrey was cold as he was only in his baby clothes before placing him down and wrapping him in her black crocheted blanket.

Mera ran to the fire coals that had gone out during the night but were still toasty and warm, scooping them into a metal box and stuffing it in her sock before placing it next to Joffrey and allowing him to hug it.

She shivered as she hugged herself before walking to her closet and changing into a warm black dress of black carobu fur on the inside and a embroidered system of black dahlia's on her chest. The buttons were made of silver as they depicted seahorses before Mera styled her hair into two braids, allowing some of her baby hairs to cover the scar on her brow.

She then paired it all with warm wool pants with knee high black leather boots that had silver chains at the back of her heels.

Mera cleaned her scar before grabbing her hard leather backpack and taking her notes she wrote from last night before shoving them into a folder and into her backpack.

She then grabbed Joffrey as he babbled, laughing before strapping him to her side as she walked to her mother's room, ignoring the sounds coming out of it.

"Fuck!"

Rhaenyra instantly pushed Daemon off as she tried to cover herself.

"Mera w-what are you doing here?"

Mera hummed as Daemon said, "Has anyone not taught you to knock?"

"I don't think you would have heard me Daemon." She walked over to her half naked mother before placing Joffrey in her arms as Rhaenyra widened her eyes.

"Mera—"

"The child you wanted to have is your responsibility. Not mine."

Rhaenyra sighed as Daemon rolled his eyes before getting up and walking to Rhaenyra's jewelry.

"Oh come on Mera, can't you take him for just an hour?"

Mera glared at her mother before Daemon walked over, holding a ruby choker up at her. She scoffed as she said to her mother, "I hope you both have noticed the sudden loss of your children from their own beds. Crawling to the likes of mine. It disturbs me very much mother."

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes as she said, "Alright. I-I'll talk to them. But...Could you just take him for another hour?"

Mera cleared her throat as her brows softened, "I was hoping to show you some of my notes," she said as she swung her backpack forward and began to pull her folder out.

"Mera."

She looked to Daemon as he looked at her with the necklace in his hand.

Rhaenyra saw as light from her eyes died before she clenched her jaw, stuffing everything back into her bag and grabbed Joffrey as he babbled, slapping the choker away and leaving as she whipped her braids back.