[022] I Do Not Remember, I am Female

Sometimes, people grow apart. And that's not saying people will always but in the case of long distance friends, people are bound to grow apart.

Some will change, they grow up and realise they need to move on from the petty friendships they made when they were young, others, plead and run after the dead friendship like a moth to a flame.

Thing is, Helaena never thought her friend would abandon her. Sure, she was ecstatic to see her again but the glimpse of the girl she saw punch her brother in the halls wasn't her friend. 

It was someone else. Someone impersonating Mera. There was not an ounce of warmth left to her. 

Mera stood near the sea as she looked at the sea and it's soft fleeting foam. Ser Darklyn stood a good few paces behind her as she closed her eyes before kneeling down and grabbing a stone and launching it.

The rock skipped it across the water as it then dived into a wave as Mera sighed, she felt her gaze on her as she looked to the Blackwater.

"M-Mera?"

Helaena walked over as Ser Darklyn bowed as she wore a blue silk dress with butterflies and hearts. She looked to the dark figure standing near the ocean, by the way she angled her shoulders, Helaena knew it was Mera.

Mera hummed as she turned around, the scar scarring Helaena as she let out a yelp to which Mera rolled her eyes.

"Gods Mera. What a new look for you."

Mera nodded as she spoke flatly, looking Helaena up and down, "You still dabble in your butterfly stitching."

Helaena nodded as she looked to her dress. "What will you be wearing tomorrow? It is my marriage dinner and gift ceremony tomorrow, you know?"

Mera nodded. "I know. I'll just wear this."

A bit of Helaena was relieved. She didn't want to be outshined by Mera, not that she could really with all the boring black she wore.

Mera then turned back around as she began walking away as Ser Darklyn followed her, her coat flapping in the wind as she placed her hands behind her back. The wind had blew her braids back as Helaena grabbed her skirt and ran up to Mera.

"So what have you been up to?"

"Nothing much. I have been studying the stars—"

"Have you drawn any animals or studied bugs of that sort?"

Mera shook her head as she said, "I don't specialize myself in bugs."

Helaena nodded, "Are you going to get married yet?"

"No."

"Have you considered anyone?"

"No."

Helaena sighed as she said, "I never know what your thinking about."

"My mind is a maze of death and disaster. Best steer clear"

Helaena laughed as she said, "You're funny Mera."

Mera hummed as she snorted. "I'd rather not be." 

Helaena giggled before she wrapped her arm around Mera's arm. 

They walked in silence for a while before the peace was interrupted by Helaena as she exclaimed, "I hope you'll be there, helping me for the bedding ceremony."

Mera widened her eyes as turned to Helaena smiling as she whispered, "I'm going to give Aegon a son, Mera."

She tilted her head as she said, "You really want to marry him don't you?"