[010] you owe me blood

Have you ever felt disappointed? Let down? Have you ever felt confused at the fact that somehow you've lost the one chance to make everything right in your fucked up life after all that planning and preparing? Have you ever felt as if something was locked in for success only for you to find out it wasn't?

It wasn't the first time Meranyce Velaryon felt that way but this time, this time it was different.

It was different to the fact that it wasn't like no one got the memo to wear all black for Mera's name day or the times that her father never showed up to spar with her. No, it was much more different.

But aside from the emotions and feelings, what did you do? Did you scream, kick, or cry? Or did you stand on the sandy hills with your shoulders dropped and your face stone of any emotion.

It broke and shattered Mera. The one chance she ever had at fitting in or finding herself to be truly respectable in the court had flown off with a silver haired boy on it's back. 

Mera closed her silver blue eyes as she sighed, a small tear falling from her eyes before she quickly wiped them away and fisted her hands. 

She tried her best to smile as she felt tears from her eyes before she turned. Her tight braids had already been blown loose by the wind as Mera batted her side pieces and bangs away. She wiped her eyes, smudging the dark powder on her eyelids as her face looked of deeper hate and bitterness.

Baela groaned as Rhaena hissed her awake. "What?"

"Someone stole Vhagar." 

She instantly got out of bed as she tied her hair back before Rhaena pulled her to the door. "Wait! Wait."

"What?" Rhaena said with utter annoyance. Baela huffed as she said, "Get the boys. And Maire...Melissa, um...M-Malise?"

"Meranyce." Rhaena corrected as she rolled her eyes at the thought of her before Baela nodded as they quietly opened the door and slipped past the sleeping guard. Their slippers clicked in the darkness as Baela rubbed her eyes to keep her awake before they arrived at the chamber of their cousins, slipping in as the guards were changed.  

"Psst! Jace. Jace!" He shuddered as he opened his eyes to see Baela and Rhaena. "What?"

"Someone stole Vhagar."

He immediately turned and shook Luke awake as Rhaena tended to him before Baela asked him to wake Mera. 

"Come, this way to her chambers!" She followed him as Jace and her ran to her door before stopping suddenly. "What?"

He knew there would be hell to pay if they woke her like this but did she ever sleep? No, but the very thought of disturbing his sister when she was either working or reading made Jace awfully uneasy.

"I um...I think it best we don't disturb her."

"Why?"

"Well, my sister might be sleeping or reading o-or working. We shouldn't disturb her."

Baela rolled her eyes as she barged in to Jace's horror before he heard her scoff in the darkness. 

"What is it?"

Baela turned as she said, "You dear sister is not here." He knitted his brows, Mera never sleep walked. Well, that would have most certainly been a sight.

He looked around and it was true. She wasn't in her chambers but as he scooped her room out, he spotted a dagger laying out in the open on her desk. And of course, he just had to take it. It wouldn't hurt, right?