[011] permanently damaged

"F-Fuck."

Mera clenched her jaw as the maester stitched her hand up. She had her arm outstretched on a pillow as the silk was stained crimson by her blood. Her mother and Helaena sat by her side as Jace and Luke stood across from her. 

They cringed as the needle ran through and through her alabaster skin. "How is her hand Maester?"

He wavered for a second before sighing. "Her hand is permanently damaged—"

A loud sigh was heard from her mother as Mera glared at her hand with tears in her eyes.

"The nerves may heal...and she may regain much of her hands mobility but...it is best if she wears a glove from now on...the skin is very much damaged by the Valyrian steel."

Ideas had already steamed in Helaena's mind for new creations but the look on Mera's face killed her excitement immediately. 

"And her face?"

Rhaenyra and the maester looked to Helaena as she asked inquisitively. "She'll scar but it is the least of her worries."

Mera had two large silk wraps on face as the wound could already be seen bleeding through. And it was true, Mera didn't give a shit but her hand—it was her sword hand.

Mera felt more feelings of revenge and hate then pain. But more of all, she felt humiliated. Humiliated by the fact that she cried out in pain. By the fact that her father had been made a jest of and by the fact that she couldn't have claimed a dumb dragon.

But like always, Alicent Hightower owed her blood and Mera was going to get that blood one way or another. 

Mera closed her eyes as she felt a tear fall from her eyes before she immediately opened them again. 

"I want the eye."

Maester Genderys stopped as he looked over to Mera before she spat with a hoarse voice, "I want the twats eye. Give it to me."

Rhaenyra and Helaena gaped as Mera spat through her teeth, "I want to keep it. Isn't that what she said? I took everything from her son? Well, I want his eye then. He doesn't get to keep the sword muchless the fucking eye."

Maester Genderys looked to her mother before she nodded as he turned and walked to his bag, pulling out a mason jar containing the eye.

He handed it to the maddened Mera as she looked at it as if it was the world's largest diamond. Rhaenyra and Helaena looked at Mera with a large side eye as she looked at the glistening sapphire eye. 

"This is—fuck that hurts!"

She hissed as Maester Genderys pierced the needle back into her hand and out again before finishing and tying the string into a knot.

"Oh gods."

Mera turned to see her father walking in before she got up and walked to him, hugging him as he felt a deep scowl on her face. 

"What happened? It's not serious is it?"

Maester Genderys sighed as he said, "Her hand is permanently damaged but she'll regain some of her mobility if she practises and works at it. Best have her wear a glove my lord."

Laenor nodded as he stroked the back on Mera's head before Helaena waved at him with a smile as he smiled back before she quickly left, bidding her half-sister goodbye.

Mera sniffled as she buried her face in her father's tunic. "Are you alright Mera?"

"No." She said  in his tunic as her voice was muffled before Laenor held his laugh back and knelt down, looking at her hand. "Oh, that's gotta hurt."