[019] Just Some Dumb Blonde

Mera walked to her chambers where she bathed and changed into her sleeping gown before walking to her round desk and picking her quill up.

She had delivered her half-brother today and she needed to write to her father about it. Everytime something notable happened or when something happened and she wished she could tell him, Mera would write a letter before attaching it to a arrow with a glass vial at the end, and then sending it into the sea. 

It was her way of telling him something she couldn't tell anyone else, not even Maester Gendarys.

Mera sat writing before she heard her door open.

"It's customary to knock when entering a princesses chambers."

She heard a scoff before looking up to Daemon who held a candle as he glared at her. 

"If your going to thank me, you can leave the chocolates at the table. But seeing you are without any, you can leave."

"You think I'm going to thank you?"  

"I would sure hope so." Mera looked up as she placed her glasses on. "I saved this realms more or less competent heir, your wife, your son, and my mother. I'd sure hope I get a 'thank you'. It's not mandatory but it is polite."

Daemon hummed as he said, "You slashed her"

"I saved her. What? Too loose for you to fuck now? I thought any hole would work for you."

"You are a sorry little bitch aren't you?"

"Mmh, I assumed I take after you."

He tilted his head as he scoffed. The fact was, she was right. And that made Daemon's blood boil.

Mera then placed her quill down as she said, "Go please."

He rolled his eyes before he threw a satchel at her, landing on her desk as she looked down at the gold and jewelry inside.

"A gift, from your mother to sate your little black heart."

It would be another three years and the gold and jewelry Mera's mother gave her was never spent. 

She would then return the morning after that night it with the note:

No amount of gold can buy the knowledge my little black heart yearns for. Best keep it for yourself and buy something pretty for my half-brother.

The thing is, Rhaenyra was always confused by her daughter. She was cold enough to not spare a glance at Aegon but warm enough to not use the entire satchel of money instead have her keep and use for Aegon.

"You haven't ever took a proper look at him."

Mera hummed back as the only sound in her chambers was the scratching of her quill. It was a long and awkward silence as Rhaenyra looked to her daughter who remained unfazed and unbothered.

She looked up with her sharp blue eyes before humming, "I frankly don't want to look at him. Babies are very ugly and off putting. Much likes frogs I suppose."

She then quietly went back to work as Rhaenyra looked back to the babbling Aegon. "Take him away."

With a stomp, Rhaenyra went over as she grabbed the crying Aegon before storming out as Mera smirked in content. 

She then leaned back, propping her slippered feet on her table as she smiled to herself before opening her a desk drawl to the captain hat her father gave her so many years ago and placing it on her head.