[023] Tourney of the Black Knight

Mera got up from her dusty bed before she summoned a bath. After she finished, Mera had Denise lace her into the dress Alicent gave her.

She knew the reason for the dull dress but Mera wasn't fazed. It wasn't like she cared anyways. But Denise was pissed at the dress. Her princess looked like a fucking doll from a shop. The handmaid's were surely going to whisper about it.

Finally, Mera placed on her short sheer black gloves with a slit in them while she then placed her blue moonstone ring on.

Mera considered the dress to be cute with the white flowers but when her mother saw it, she swore she saw a vein pop out.

"What the—what is that dress?"

"Alicent gave it to me."

"It looks as if you were going to—"

"It is cute mother. I find it elegant." Mera fixed her sleeves as Denise clicked her boots on.

"Mera I don't think this dress is nice, it's not enough for a tourney. I have a beautiful black dress—"

"I don't need it mother. Helaena and Alicent don't want me to win in terms of dresses but I am sure to win today in terms of triumph."

Rhaenyra arched a brow as she laughed. "What do you mean?"

Mera hummed as she smirked, looking down at her gloves as she fixed them, "Ser Darklyn is very charming at knocking people off horses."

"So?"

"So, he is wearing a black silk cape in honor of his princess and knocking Cole's arse off his green saddle and crowning Helaena instead of Alicent."

Rhaenyra nodded as she smiled and looked to herself in the mirror. A black dragon scaled dress with cape sleeves and a ruby, amethyst, and obsidian encrusted bodice as dragons had been embroidered on.

Mera then had her hair braided into two and her eye shadow placed on before she walked out.

Ser Darklyn hadn't accompanied her since he had been preparing for the tourney so Ser Eryck had accompanied her instead.

"Princess."

"Which Cargylle brother are you?"

"Eryck princess, if it pleases you."

Mera hummed as she felt the judging glances of ladies. In some ways, Mera felt very awkward. She was underdressed for the event but Mera reminded herself, it didn't matter what she wore, she was better then them at everything.

She looked down at the shimmering ring on her finger before smirking and walking to the court yard where she awaited her for her own horse. 

The sound of the small folk had already been heard as cheers and cries for the Realm's Delight had been heard.

"Niece."

"Aemond, if your here to irk me, you have accomplished your mission."

He smirked in a black leather tunic and trench coat as he said, "I see we are both underdressed for this event."

"No, your mother actually gave me the dress. So if you find it ugly, you are mistaking it for your own mother's taste which is blatantly quite poor."

He nodded as he scoffed, "How do you plan on arriving?"

"Preferably by horse but a carriage will do."

Mera switched her gloves out as Aemond caught a glimpse of the scar on her hand.

He dove in to grab her hand only for Mera to take a step back and clear her throat, turning to Ser Westerling who approached her.

"Good morning Ser Westerling."