[014] to joffrey, my sweet brother

Mera looked to the glimmering stars as she smiled. "I'll be alright father." A small tear slid from her eye as she breathed in the sweet smell of the night's air.

She closed her eyes as she placed her work and walked to the balcony where she felt the wind pick up. 

Mera walked closer to the railing as she tilted her head back allowing the gentle breeze to caress and hug her as in her mind, two ocean eyes looked back at her.

Mera stood in the corner as she saw a fight on a frozen lake before someone that looked too familiar to her kiss a man.

It was then where she forced her eyes open. The stars shimmered and twinkled at her as she hugged herself, waltzing with herself like a mad woman as her black nightgown swayed with the wind. She'd be lying if she told anyone that there wasn't music in her mind.

Mera softy hummed to herself as she danced a waltz, her hair flowing in the moon as she smiled to herself. 

Mera first curtsied as she smiled. She then mirrored her imaginary partner as she raised her arm and formed an X with their forearms before taking another bow or curtsy. 

A turn then a twist as Mera grabbed her skirt before taking one step back them once forward before another two back before turning and dipping.

Something was wrong. Mera had been long confused as to why she wasn't all that sad. Perhaps she was glad her father died. 

He allowed her to put down her facade every now and then, but even though it was relief for her mind, Mera felt it made her weak. It made her weak as to the fact that the stone cold stone had cracks in it's structure. 

Who was the cracks?

Her father.

She smiled before the music that played so loudly in her mind stopped allowing her catch her breath and take a low curtsy before smiling harder as she tied her hair with a white ribbon and went back to her work.

"Fuck, Daemon stop." Rhaenyra furrowed her brows as she got off Daemon before she sighed, "Joffrey's crying again."

He groaned as he got up. Rhaenyra placed her nightgown on, well, it was barely a nightgown as the shoulder and part of the chest had been ripped exposing some rather immodest parts.

"Why can't you just have the wet nurse take him?"

She shot him a look as she said, "He's my son and I don't trust any wet nurse."

Daemon hummed as he said, "What about Meranyce? She a girl, she should get some practice."

It was then that Rhaenyra didn't understand what he had clearly said only that part that Mera would be asleep therefore a baby wouldn't disturb her. Surely she'd allow her brother to stay the night. 

"No, I'll put him in Jace's room."

She heard Daemon scoff as she looked back, holding Joffrey close to her. "What?"

"I'm sure Jace has slept wonderfully."

Rhaenyra shut her eyes as she cringed. Jace's chambers had been right next to her's. Dammit.

"Lukes?"

"He probably already took him to Mera's room. She has the furthest after all and the further that baby is the less disturbance we'll have a our activities."

She blushed as she and him giggled before Daemon got up as he said, "Here, I'll carry the crib there."

It had been quite a sight for the maids and guards to see for their princess and prince to walk about the castle naked. Whispers would surely start very soon.