[020] En Garde

Mera glared ahead as Rhaena smirked at her before she looked to her brothers as they shriveled up.

"Mera?"

She looked back to Daemon as they were all dressed in white with with helmets. She had worn full on black with a black helmet and silver sword as opposed to the gold ones Daemon, Rhaena, Jace, and Luke had.

Mera walked past as if they didn't exist and straight to Ser Darklyn.

"Princess."

He grabbed his sword before Daemon spoke up. "Don't you think you should spar with someone else than Ser Darklyn?"

He looked up to Daemon's burning glare as Mera turned around and answered flatly. "No."

"No?"

"No."

He smirked as he said, "Of course, sparring with one partner won't allow you to progress—"

"Are you offering or are you just being a bitch?"

Daemon scoffed as Mera tilted her head. "You know you are really just a sorry little bitch of a princess—"

"And you are a man whore who has the emotional capacity of a mewling quim." Mera spat back as Ser Darklyn widened his eyes and suppressed a smile.

"Really? Is that so—"

"It is."

Daemon rolled his jaw before looking to Luke who tried his best as his face kept contorting into a smile. He glared at the boy before Luke exploded into laughter.

Daemon rolled his eyes as Rhaena hit Luke on his shoulder to make him stop. Mera smirked before turning back to Ser Darklyn as he grabbed his helmet.

"Meranyce."

"What."

Daemon hummed as he said, "Spar with Rhaena."

Rhaena gaped as Mera widened her eyes. "You want me to spar...with her?"

"Yes."

Mera scoffed as she looked Rhaena up and down before Rhaena rolled her eyes. "Father, that is not fair."

"No it is not, Jace—"

He looked to Daemon as he shuddered before Daemon said, "Perhaps you should join your sweet cousin. A friendly spar—"

"No."

Daemon turned back to Mera as she rested her hand on her sword. "I'd like to invoke a military challenge instead."

"Go ahead."

"Father—"

Mera walked a distance away as she circled them. "No tips, no touches, no helmets, no rules. Winner draws first blood."

Rhaena gaped as Luke did before Jace shriveled up as Luke hide behind Daemon.

"Sure." Rhaena looked up to her father as he nodded before she sniffled and placed her helmet into her father's hands as Jace did. Daemon then pulled them aside for a small pep talk with Luke following him.

Ser Darklyn looked Mera standing alone before he walked over. "Mera."

She turned as he bent down. "Be quick and direct, no baiting. Slash if you need to. You are using your left hand after—and don't let them find an opening. Two against one. It'll be harder this time."

Mera nodded before Ser Darklyn looked to see Rhaena and Jace stepping into position. He looked back at Mera as she glared at them before he placed a hand on her shoulder, turning her attention back to him.