[003] the black hair of rhaenys targaryen

"Your grace, may I speak?"

Viserys nodded as Rhaenyra stood and cleared her throat. "I'd like to address the incident that occured during my daughter's name day lunch." Viserys sat straighter as others did before he heard a scoff from Alicent.

Rhaenyra certainly didn't appreciate it as she remained serious, glaring at Alicent. "My daughter was assaulted by your son my queen. I'd appreciate it if your grace had taken into consideration of how upset I am."

Alicent scoffed. "My son is not the lecherous little man your daughter slanders him as—"

"Slander?" Rhaenyra spat as she placed her hands on the table. "My daughter was assaulted and your son is responsible. You as queen should take responsibility for your son's actions and have him apologize for his actions."

"Aegon did not—"

"But he did." 

Alicent rolled her eyes as she took a sip of her wine before Rhaenyra scoffed and said, "My daughter would never show an outburst like that unless someone hadn't provoked her." 
Rhaenyra glared at Alicent as she then sighed and tapped her finger on the table.

Viserys rubbed his eyes as he said, "I shall speak to Aegon and have him apologize Nyra." Rhaenyra nodded as Alicent looked ashamed and away from the judging eyes of the small council. The utter audacity that she covers and covers her son, trying to make him perceived as the better person.

Rhaenyra had addressed her daughters issue now it was time to extend the olive branch and hope for the best.

Mera shot open her eyes as she glared at her canopy bed. Her eyes were stained red with blood as she sat up and glared across the room. Helaena had been looking at a spider before she looked up and placed her spider back. 

She ran over and jumped onto her bed, smiling at her. "How are you feeling?"

Mera hummed as she flatly said, "The last thing I as feeling was a mixture of disgust, hate, and complete bitter displeasure."

Helaena nodded as she said, "That is what I suppose Aegon makes all of us feel." Mera sighed as she laid back, glaring and furrowing her brows. 

"I want him dead."

Helaena hummed as she played with the lace on her pillows, "I suppose mother wants him dead too and that she is only keeping him alive because he is the first son of the king."

Mera glanced back at Helaena skeptically as she sighed and said, "Your mother has ought to love your brother. He's her son and I've heard grandfather say many times, one would never love anything as much as one would love their first born."

Helaena sighed as she said, "I just think mother loves Aemond above everyone else. He is quiet and odd but she seems to like him more. Aegon think it is so because is such a mommas boy."

Mera hummed as she said, "Aemond is shy. He would be a great warrior or man if he had some confidence but also humility. That is a great virtue for one. Not everyone seems to possess humility and kindness and more of all, happiness."

Helaena nodded before she said, "What about you Mer? Are you happy?"

Mera stopped as she kept quiet for a minute before she said, "I do not know. I think I am happy but I don't know what truly makes me happy."

Helaena nodded before Mera got up, slipped her bulky shoes on before she braided her hair into a simple Visenya braid. She turned and grabbed a fruit knife before trying to approach Helaena's black widow.

"No!"

She yelled as she ran to over, trying to stop Mera. "What?" She said flatly as she placed her hands behind her back. Helaena caught her breath as she said, "I know what your going to do Mera."