set fire to the rain

hey everyone! this one's going to be how i imagined a part in the unreleased httyd comic book "the fire tides"

i've put a video above which tells the whole story of the book so you guys get the gist of what i'm talking about. 

i really recommend watching it first! (it's an amazing story!)

word count: 1221...😂

Astrid

Stormfly and I were pushing ourselves through the perilous thunderstorm, determined to find Hiccup. He went missing after me, him, Valka and the gang got blown off a Foreverwing into the vast ocean because of a Maelstrom.

Everyone made it back to Berk but him. Valka has tried a countless number of times to search for Hiccup but has so far been unsuccessful.

But me, being me, I couldn't just stay on Berk with the knowledge that Hiccup could still be out there. The others tried to stop me from going because it was too dangerous but I flew off on Stormfly, ignoring their words.

***

As we were flying, I could barely see anything in front of me. So, we decided to fly closer to the surface of the ocean for a clearer view. 

While flying, I spotted something shining in the water. I leaned towards my left and grabbed the shining piece of metal swiftly.

I gasped when I realised that it was Hiccup's blade. I unlocked it and it still had a few canisters of Zippleback Gas in it but it wouldn't ignite because of the rain. I stretched my arm out to Stormfly's snout and let her smell the blade.

"Find her, girl. This is our only shot," I encouraged her. She squawked in determination and flew  even faster.

***

We've been flying for so long that I lost count and it's already dark out with flashes of lightning illuminating my surroundings. My eyelids were getting heavy but I refused to give up. Stormfly was still on Hiccup's sent and we kept flying.

Just as I was about to close my eyes, Stormfly squawks loudly, waking me. She gurgles as if she's trying to tell me something and then I see it.

Ahead of me, I something in the rain that's illuminating. It seems to be fire, burning on the water.

I spur Stormfly to fly towards it so we can get a closer look and as we get closer, the flames start to grow and make some sort of shape.

Right when Stormfly and I are directly above the flames, I examine the flames carefully and realise it spells out my name.

ᚨᛊᛏᚱᛁᛞ

I'm frantically looking around the flames in search of a one-legged dork with his Night Fury and to my relief, I find them stranded on a wooden deck, just big enough to fit the two of them.

"Astrid!"

"Hiccup!"

Stormfly dives down towards the wooden plank and because it can't fit her anymore, she drops me off on the plank and run up to Hiccup.

Before he could even say anything, I crash my lips down onto his and he gleefully returns it with as much passion. 

We stay like that for a while before both our dragons gurgle, telling us to stop with all the lovey-dovey shit.

Hiccup

As we break apart laughing, I notice Astrid's very obvious tear-stained face. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I ask as I cup her cheek with my hand.