our love was made for movie screens || 1

this is NOT a story but i just wanted to write about hiccstrid and some notable things that are not only cute and adorable but also extremely significant in their relationship 

+ this contains some things that i wished happened in the movies/tv series

_________________________

httyd 1

let's talk about astrid's appearance. we see her with her bangs always covering one eye and that her hair doesn't look very soft. this intertwines with her personality in the beginning and how she is very headstrong and can be very intimidating and sometimes mean.

p.s - remember the scene where the fire explodes behind astrid and hiccup looks at her adoringly. it will be important later

later in the movie, specifically the part where hiccup goes for his final dragon test to fight the monstrous nightmare, we see that astrid's appearance has changed. 

her bangs have been slightly pushed to the side, allowing more of her face to be seen. this is the director's way of telling us that astrid is now starting to trust hiccup more and more and her appearance will change significantly in the later movies to come.

race to the edge

moving on to race to the edge, despite seeing that hiccup and astrid kiss at the end of movie 1, we all would assume that from then on, they are officially a couple.

but no, they are clearly not dating at the start of rtte but they are still much closer to each other than they are to the rest of the group.

some small things that they do are like standing closer to each other than the rest of the gang, their hands being literally an atom away from each other and some other small stuff that i can't go through because there are simply too many.

but finally in rtte s4 ep 11, blindsided, they finally become an official couple. i didn't notice this before until someone pointed it out for me but in the scene where hiccup and astrid kiss in 'blindsided', the soundtrack is actually a mix between both their themes.

hiccup's theme being the test drive soundtrack and astrid's theme being the romantic flight soundtrack. 

just search up 'carissa the perfect moment' on yt and it'll be the first one that pops up. 

moving into s5, we can clearly see that the gang is now used to hiccup and astrid being a couple. we also see more sexual tension in the last 2 seasons more than the previous 4 and i'll tell you all when these happen. 

but the first fully dedicated hiccstrid episode in s5 is 'sandbusted' where the whole point of the episode is for hiccup and astrid to finally get betrothed to each other. 

but we all know that hiccup ends up getting captured by the sandbuster with snotlout and that it's up to astrid and the gang to find him. 

during the search, we do see tuffnut continuously playing around and astrid just snaps at him saying the word 'tears'. and she is in full rage mode here by the way. 

this tells us that she is that worried about hiccup and she will get mad at the slightest things.

moving on, we skip to ep 5 'dawn of destruction' which i honestly think is one of my favourite episodes in the entire 6 seasons. 

and this episode also has the most sexual tension in my opinion and it is clearly portrayed in how the episode begins. 

it begins with hiccup and astrid having a little sparring session in the dome and all the dragon riders just curiously watch as they beat one another.

we also get to see how much hiccup has improved in hand-to-hand combat which i think is so cool.

then we move on to the scene where fishlegs calls hiccup saying that johann arrived and hiccup and astrid rush down together. 

then we have this short clip of astrid teasing hiccup about the project and hiccup replies in this low toned, sexy voice saying her name. 

but moving on more into the episode we see that hiccup and astrid then travel to the island where astrid admits what great of a boyfriend hiccup is and suggesting they go for a midnight flight. 

and you know what i'm just gonna come out here and say it, they fucked. okay, they had sex after that midnight flight. i mean they're alone, it's night time, they're adults...

moving on - part 2 next! 

skipping the rest of season 5 because there isn't much to talk about, we finally land into season 6 in the episode 'mi amore wing'.

i'm fully aware that this is the most liked hiccstrid episode aside from blindsided and i'm here for it.

but we all know that this episode is about astrid getting jealous of mala and dagur and wanting hiccup to show her more affection. but it backfired really bad and she eventually snaps at him.

hiccup admits that he's deeply sorry for not noticing the necklace earlier on and we finally get the first moment where one of them says 'i love you' to each other.

okay well technically only hiccup said it and in the ENTIRE franchise, astrid has never said i love you to him. which just sucks ass.

but before we move on to the season finale, take note that astrid's appearance through race to the edge is also different. yes her bangs are still very much prominent but now they are shorter and we can see more of her face.

gonna skip the rest of rtte because there isn't really much except for a few kisses here and there.

httyd 2

let's just talk about their appearances for a sec. astrid's bangs are similar to that in rtte but her braid is now resting on the side. this implies that she is getting more relaxed around others and i read somewhere that it's embracing more of her feminine side. but i don't really see it that way.

now hiccup, we can all agree that he has had the BIGGEST glow up in the entire history of animation. i know people think he's hot in rtte but httyd 2 is on a whole different level.

in hiccup's armour, we see a small little red symbol above his heart. this is a symbol of a deadly nadder. who has a deadly nadder? astrid.

it basically means that wherever he is, astrid is always with him in his heart.

now the braids in his hair are already seen in the first episode in rtte and they are put there by astrid. but the directors have brought up that he actually really doesn't like them but since astrid is the one who puts them there, he lets it slide.

check out part 2!