i trusted you || 3

Hiccup ended staying in Naddervows for more than a month now. His attraction to the Princess has grown even more and is this close to telling her. 

Their mornings often started with them training with each other. Rising in the wee hours of the morning to fly to a secluded area on the island. 

For the rest of the day they'd walk around the township of Naddervows, greeting the citizens of the island and having heartfelt conversations with them. 

This was another favourite part of Hiccup's day because he never got this interaction back at Devdrands. 

Despite having the best time of his life with Astrid, his mission still couldn't leave his mind. Of course he didn't want to do through with it, but his dad was eventually going to come to Naddervows to see what's taking so long. 

He's eventually going to expose his true self to Astrid and his true intentions. But how could he let them happen? He loved her. He just hasn't told her. 

Today, during dinner, he was going to stop hiding his feelings and tell her once and for all. 

______________________

They didn't eat at the palace with the King and Queen nor a restaurant in the township. They flew over to a cliffside that overlooked the township and palace and had their dinner there. 

"I hope you don't mind me asking this but are you seeing anyone?" Hiccup asked, breaking to silence they shared. 

"Not at the moment. All the Princes that've been presented to me suck! Didn't I tell you?" Astrid replied nonchalantly.

"But," she spoke up quickly, "only because I want to have the freedom to choose who I want," she ended strongly.

Astrid didn't want to be presented a group of men and pick from there, she wanted to explore and eventually find a true love in her life. 

"What about you, seeing anyone or have a crush on anyone?" She asked.

 This was his chance - His chance to tell her his feelings.

"No, not seeing anyone," he paused for a dramatic effect, "but, there is someone whom I absolutely adore,"

Astrid listened in closely, curious to find out what kind of girl Hiccup deeply adored.

"She's got these electric blue eyes and this golden, blonde hair - wow, and her smile? The sweetest smile I'll ever see in my life," he described much more until their gazes met with each other. 

With all the description, she realised that he was describing her and his facial expressions showed it too. 

"And she is who I have chosen. But this person must also choose me," he said, not breaking eye contact with Astrid. 

"She already has," Astrid whispered out before connecting her lips to Hiccup's warm ones. 

Her arms wrapped around his neck as she pulled him closer to her and fell on her back onto the soft grass so that he was on top. 

They never went back to the palace that night, only staying each others arms at the cliffside, enjoying each others company and the feeling of finally finding their true love. 

If only a moment so perfect lasted for a longer time...

______________________

The sound of battle horns were heard from a distance which woke Astrid with a start. It took her sometime to process her surroundings and what she saw was pure terror. 

Smoke coming from a few areas in both the township and palace, fire everywhere, masked riders on Deathgrippers and Snow Wraiths chasing all the Nadders. Her home was being destroyed. 

"Hiccup, wake up!" Astrid shook him awake and he too woke with a start. When he saw the Deathgrippers, he immediately knew who it was. 

My father. He thought to himself. 

They ran down hand in hand to the palace, dodging all the blasts of acid and ice. They rushed through the doors of the throne room to find Astrid's parents held hostage by non other than Stoick the Vast. 

"About time, son," Stoick said, an evil grin forming on his face.

"Son? Hiccup, please tell me. What is going on?" Astrid begged, tears welling up in the corner of her eyes.

"Why, Hiccup. Tell them the real reason you're here," Stoick bribed, pointing his axe closer to the King's throat. 

"Hiccup, please! I'm scared," she cried out, taking short glances at her parents who were on the brink of death. 

There was no way out, he had to tell her. He couldn't risk the life of her parents and her home. 

"I...," but no words came out. He just couldn't do it.

"Incompetent as always," Stoick mumbled in annoyance under his breath, "if you won't tell her, then I will. Princess Astrid this man here was tasked to come here as a diversion. He was tasked to distract you and your parents so that I could come here and take over you kingdom," 

"What is he saying, Hiccup? You knew this would happen?" She asked, referring to the destruction and chaos to her home.  

He is unable to meet her eyes.

"Yes," he says, anguished, "at first it was just orders. Then everything changed. I fell in love with the town, with Naddervows and with you. And by then, how could I tell you?" He says, walking towards her and taking her hands into his. 

Astrid could barely breathe. She was shaking with the enormity, her voice cracking with rage and pain. 

"I trusted you, Hiccup!" She screams at him, crying and roughly removing her hands from his, and continues screaming curses at him in Gaelic.

"Astrid, please. I only wanted to-" 

"JUST GO! And never come back here!" She cried out, pointing to the door. 

Defeated, he walked out the door in frustration, furious with his father. Actually, even worse than furious. Indescribable madness that he was going to do the unthinkable.

um so 😭

i don't know where this is going anymore but please tell me you got the movie reference. as in which movie i took inspo from to write this... 

but i'll probably wrap this one up in the next part

xoxo, nikki