all throughout the great war || 1

There were the Haddocks, the Ingermans, the Thorstons and the infamous Jorgensons, known for their stubbornness and annoyance. 

Those were the 4 leading royal families in the Barbaric Archipelago. They have been at peace since they signed a peace treaty a few thousand years ago. 

That treaty is to be renewed at the end of tonight's wedding between the eldest daughter of the Thorstons and the eldest son of the Jorgensons. 

The wedding was to be held on the biggest and best island of all 4 royals - the Haddocks, who lived on Berk. 

People from all over the Archipelago, even some from outside, were invited to the 'Wedding of the Century" they called it. 

It was to be the most extravagant and jaw-dropping wedding ever held between the royal families. 

All villagers were invited, including the Hofferson family. 

The Hofferson family was big, but not exactly the most fortunate. They lived in a small hut, big enough to fit all of them, but small. 

Their eldest, Astrid, was a gifted warrior. She'd shown her love for weaponry and fighting since she could practically walk. To nurture her passion and gift, her parents signed her up for combat training and axe handling from young. All of that has now paid off because she has just been invited to the wedding of the century as a 'honorary guest'.

The entire Hofferson family never knew their own daughter would be invited as 'honorary guest'. This meant that they would have special assigned seats at the main tables and have the opportunity to speak to other warriors and royals from across the archipelago. 

***

"Ah, you must be the Hoffersons! Please, let me show you to your table!" The usher outside the great hall said. 

Astrid's mother had decided to splurge on a gorgeous maiden dress at the market, made with the finest silk for Astrid. As a middle-class family, this would probably be the nicest she could ever look. 

Her dress matched the colour of the sky, a baby blue. It has gold stitching and a gold strip of fabric lining the contour of the shoulder straps. The corset dress snatched her waist and went all the way down to her feet and had a short train flowing behind it. She even had white satin gloves up to her elbows.

Her hair was done in a signature half up - half down braid. To top it off, her mother's kransen, one that she had had since a little girl. It's something that's always kept her going the past 17 years. 

The usher led them through the dimly lit hall, decorated with white flowers and decorations. The magnificent chandelier hung in the middle of the ceiling, illuminating the area. 

It was heaven. It was as if they Hoffersons had stepped into a fairytale. 

Their family had been split up, two and two per table so they could converse with more people. Astrid and her mother on one, and her father and younger sister on the neighbouring table.

More people started to flood the hall until it was completely full, allowing the wedding to finally commence. 

***

"Good evening, Ladies! Mr Sven Haldorsson, pleasure to meet you both," a man said in a heavy English accent, who suddenly appeared at Astrid's table with an outstretched gloved hand. 

"'Evening, sir. I'm Astrid Hofferson, this is my mom, Hilda. Pleasure to meet you too!" Astrid said with as much enthusiasm, standing up to shake his hand firmly. 

They all say down once again to continue their conversation.  

"Now, as you know, you have been invited to this wedding as an honorary guest, and there is a very clear reason behind it." Mr Haldorsson began with Astrid and her mother listening intently. 

"We know what an amazing warrior you are, Ms Hofferson. We've watched you since you were just a babe," he continued.

Astrid and her mother were highly confused now. "What do you mean?" She asked, eager for answers. 

"At your training schools, we've had a few of our own staff work there and they've seen you grow and everytime they return, they're always talking about you!" He smiled widely, gesturing his hands to Astrid.

"Astrid, my dear, what I'm trying to say is that we want you to come and attend the School of Solvang, in the Folklorian Mountains in England. You've proven yourself as a gifted, talented warrior and we want to nurture this amazing talent even more. So what do ya say, ya up for it?" 

***

On the other side of the hall sat the Haddock family and another staff member from the School of Solvang. 

Valka and Stoick Haddock have entered their son, Hiccup Haddock, in the applications for the school because the entire line of Haddocks had attended it. For Hiccup not to go would be a huge disgrace for the entire bloodline. 

"Chief Stoick, Sir, it is with my greatest happiness and joy to say that your son has been accepted into the School of Solvang, where he will start his 4 year training course from September this year," The staff member said as he handed them a sealed envelope with all the needed information. 

As the adults continued to discuss the continuation of what they would need to do, Hiccup was instead staring at the girl directly opposite him a few tables down. 

The girl wore an baby blue off the shoulder dress and had her hair done in a half up-half down braid look. 

He didn't even care about what his parents were talking about, all that was on his mind was that girl, whom he assumed he would never see again so might as well take it all in now.

oh my days yes i know it sucks but it's a start and i'm back to writing finally 😭

this was a requested one, a pretty long but detailed request which i was SUPER thankful for!!

to whoever requested this, i really hope this is off to a good, if not acceptable, start because i really don't want to let you down!! i'm saying about 3-4 parts for this short story. 

the rest of the requests pretty much just wanted smut so um yeah loads of those coming 😵‍💫 (dw i love that y'all request stuff AHHA)

but yeah, hope you guys enjoy!!

xoxo, nikki <3