racing bet

hiccup and astrid get REALLY competitive when it comes to dragon racing and basically fluff and fun 

The day has come. The first day of the Berkian Dragon Races. These races last over a course of one week. 

Each day, one viking will be eliminated until the very last day where 5 vikings fight for the prize. All of Berk knows that the final riders would obviously be Berks most famous dragon riders.

Snotlout Jorgenson, Fishlegs Ingerman, Tuffnut and Ruffnut Thorston, Astrid Hofferson and finally Hiccup Haddock. 

i know i said 5 vikings but you know the twins ride a 2 headed dragon 😭 so yeah

Today there will be 12 riders. The race sets course on both Berk and the small islands that surround it. 

Stoick walked up to the podium to begin his race speech. 

"All of Berk, welcome to the Berkian Dragon Races!" The audience roared with applause, "Our 12 riders will set course starting from this starting line, fly through the village and over ravens point, travel over our sea stacks and finally to the finishing line," 

As Stoick continued with his speech, the 12 lucky riders were in the training arena, preparing. Some were chatting, some were doing stupid wrestles with each other (specifically Snotlout and the Twins) and some putting on their racing paint. 

"Lucky win last month, huh?" Hiccup teased his girlfriend. 

"Oh shut up, dickhead. You weren't even there," she chided and went back to putting paint on Stormfly. 

"Think you're gonna earn the name as victor again this year?" He continued, head filled with the knowledge that he was going to win without a doubt. 

"Maybe. All I know is that you probably won't even make it to the end. Considering that this is your first proper race," she said nonchalantly. 

"Oh is that so?" He chuckled, "then let's make a deal,"

"What's on your mind, Haddock," she sounded more interested and turned to face him, arms crossed in front of her chest.

"If you win, I will do whatever you ask for the next month. I win, you do whatever I ask for the next month,"

The two were the most competitive people on Berk. The whole island has never seen any other people this competitive. 

Despite being the closest friends and couple on Berk, all can go to hell if one wins over the other.

"Deal," she agreed and they shook hands, sealing the bet.

____________________________

All 12 racers lined up side by side on the starting line. Everyone is the audience was cheering on the rider whom they betted on earlier and almost half the audience cheered for Hiccup and Astrid. 

"Let the race begin!" Stoick hollered as he signaled for Gobber to blow the horn. Once the loud acoustic sound was heard, the riders took off in one swift movement. 

In the lead was Hiccup, considering that he was on the fastest dragon known to man. Not only did the race count on how fast you cleared it, but also the number of sheep you catch which add up to your points.

Last month, Astrid won with 13 points. 3 white sheep and the black sheep.

The riders were already half way through their last lap, Hiccup in the lead with 5 points followed by Astrid with 2.