our love was made for movie screens || 2

part 2! 

this has got to be by far my favourite thing about hiccstrid. i don't know why but it's so goddamn cute that he keeps them for her.

in this movie we also see them addressing each other with pet names. hiccup addresses astrid as 'milady' in the early part of the movie at itchy armpit and astrid addresses hiccup as 'babe' in the final battle.

the movie actually doesn't have much hiccstrid romantic scenes apart from the kiss (which was ruined with dragon drool) at itchy armpit, the kiss before hiccup runs off and finally the kiss at the end of the movie.

before we talk about that final kiss, the part where hiccup gets captured in ice is pretty important too because we see astrid on the verge of tears as she realised what had just happened.

but now the kiss. before they kiss we know that astrid activates his dorsal fin but this time she does it more carefully in contrast to how roughly she did it at itchy armpit. this means that they actually do listen to each other and remembers what one or the other says.

and i know damn well that even though astrid loved the kiss, she probably destroyed hiccup when they were alone at home because she would've thought how embarrassing it must've been to kiss like that in public.

httyd 3

finally the end of the trilogy, how to train your dragon: the hidden world.

this already starts with hiccup in this dragon armor that makes him look 10x hotter and little more muscular.

astrid has a significant change in her appearance as she finally lets her hair down. i LOVE this hair on her and it's my favourite one. her bangs are also completely swept to the side and we can see her whole face.

the movie continues with the whole village at dinner and gobber scolding hiccup about the overcrowding of dragons and that the best solution is for hiccup and astrid to get married.

astrid is very taken aback and slightly embarrassed by this, so she gets up and leaves the table.

skip to the cliffside scene, where hiccup thinks that astrid meant him getting married to her, she corrects him that it's not about that an about too many dragons on berk.

hiccup is very visibly disappointed by this. but we also see a contrast in her enthusiasm to marriage compared to that in rtte. now, she completely shuts down the topic of marriage when brought up.

i don't know why but i'm guessing it's because she wants hiccup to fix some problems like the dragon problem on berk first.

but then we get his adorable scene of them playfully cuddling each other which could've at least has one kiss in it. i mean, COME ON. just a small kiss on the cheek.

skipping the whole light fury discovery, we see them in the next day where toothless is all excited about the light fury and hiccup whispers to him "relationships are nothing but pain and misery"

and astrid manages to hear this and playfully punches hiccup with a sarcastic scoff. i really wish they expanded on this part more because it would've been fun to see astrid question hiccup to whether he actually meant what he said.

then of course grimmel breaks in and they have to flee berk to a new island.

my headcanon is that when they're on this new island, hiccup and astrid situated their tents right next to each other on purpose and that she would sleep in hiccup's tent 90% of the time.

after the part where they go to grimmel's base but end up leaving ruffnut behind, we cut to the scene where hiccup is a kid and sitting with stoick at the fireplace.

stoick says these 5 famous words "with love, comes loss, son"

we then cut back to present time and hiccup remembers these words and makes the decision that he wants toothless to be free in the hidden world.

then of course ruffnut appears out of nowhere and they realise that she had been followed by grimmel which marks the start of the final battle in the how to train your dragon franchise.

then we see toothless followed by all of the dragons being taken away.

now comes the main message of the movie that director dean deblois wanted to tell us. the message was that hiccup always saw himself as nothing without toothless, but through the strong bond astrid and him shared, dean wanted astrid to change that.

we then get the most powerful hiccstrid scene (and iconic) in the movie where astrid tells hiccup that she is the person she is today because of him.

then he replies with the iconic "probably something stupid" and gives her a kiss on her cheek before telling the rest of the gang the plan.

skip skip skip and now we get to my favourite battle part.

astrid grabs a canister of gas from hiccup's belt and bites it open to throw to the deck below them and hiccup follows suit with his sword. then we get the huge explosion and that romantic stair between them.

now remember when i talked about the scene in httyd 1 where they introduce astrid with a big fire? this is where it's relevant.

both scenes show hiccup staring at astrid but in two different ways.

movie 1 had a more "oh my god she's so hot" or "wow i wish she was my girlfriend" kinda stare. whereas in movie 3, they have both their FULL attention to each other and hiccup is staring at her with a more "i'm so lucky to have her in my life" or stare at her adoringly.

and i'm going to audrie greywind's video about why hiccstrid is the best couple and these were her words

we get probably what is most the sexually charged hiccstrid moment in all 3 films combined.
no other couple in history could give each other fuck me eyes while simultaneously killing 12 people in an explosion and making it look that sexy

and i hands down agree with everything she has to say. plus i have a oneshot about this coming up which will be up in about 2 weeks.

then we get to the really sad part of the show where they say goodbye to their dragons but let's zoom in to the part where they touch foreheads.

i have a oneshot about this and it's called "it's time" but i'll just briefly describe it here. basically when they look at each other, nod, then touch foreheads, it's their way of silently saying "it's time" or "we're ready".

ready for what you may ask? marriage.

then the wedding and i think that astrid was 100x more nervous than hiccup for the wedding because she knew that they had to kiss in front of the ENTIRE village.

so when they did kiss, i read a theory that astrid got tense and hiccup sensed her being tense and brought his hand up to cup her cheek to relax her jaw.

and that's all i really have to say about hiccstrid in the franchise. i could talk about a whole lot more but this would just be way to long.

and the reason why i did 3 posts in a day was because this was all actually prewritten over the course of the past 2 months and i also felt bad that 'lover' isn't as long as i wanted it to be.

anyways summer break is giving me so much time to write LOL

xoxo nikki <3333