in the name of love

the part where the gang goes to grimmel's base in httyd 3 and come back without ruffnut lol

astrid gets shot by one of his arrows and they fly back to berk and she's near death

Shapes blur past. In the distance, dragon silhouettes fly low to the water, coasting silently, then arcing up as they reach the rocks. Hiccup sits behind Astrid on Stormfly.Astrid turns to Hiccup, and he nods.

Hiccup dives from Stormfly, throwing open his wing-suit to glide and break his fall. Hiccup touches down with a quiet thud, then rises, quickly stowing his wings. 

He looks around, counting his team as they stand, each dressed in dragon armor, stowing their own wing flaps. He gestures to split up. Astrid nods, then scurries up the rocks toward the glowing window. 

inside the base

Grimmel lifts his hand and gestures toward the door, and his Deathgrippers rise and scuttle out of the room, sniffing the air and hissing.

In the foyer, a large open beamed room, though most of its beams have caved in forming a crisscrossed, disheveled maze.

Wreckage litters the floor. Moonlight spills in from demolished walls. The Deathgrippers hiss in unison, tusks extending from their heavy jaws.

They split up, searching the area, keenly aware of the intruders and determined to hunt them down.

_________________________

The Deathgrippers close in on the prisoners awaiting Grimmel's signal.

"Why are you doing this?" Hiccup asks as he gestures to the Deathgrippers around Grimmeln and him.

"Really? I didn't think you cared," Grimmel says with contempt, "Well, unlike you, when I was a boy and I came across a Night Fury, I killed with where it slept! That simple act of courage made me a hero in my village," he continues on proudly.

"So, I decided to kill every last one. Bringing real peace to the people of this world," he pauses before continuing.

"Until you came along, preaching that dragons are something others than thieves and murderers," 

To engrossed in what Grimmel was saying, Hiccup didn't notice him loading an arrow into his crossbow. 

However, Astrid, who was looking from the side did. She immediately knew what Grimmel was going to do. He was going to shoot Hiccup in an attempt to murder him. 

"Hiccup," she muttered softly under her breath but couldn't move because of the Deathgripper's surrounding her. One wrong move and she's gone before Hiccup is.

"That nonsense ends now. Starting with you," Grimmel aims the arrow at Hiccup's heart, his finger teasing to pull the trigger.

"NO!" Astrid shouts and runs to Hiccup, successfully escaping the Deathgrippers that were surrounding her.

She didn't know what was on her mind. All that she knew was that she wanted to protect Hiccup. So, just as Grimmel pulled on the trigger, Astrid launched herself in front of Hiccup, allowing the arrow to puncture her lower waist instead.

She lands on the ground with a loud thud and cried out in pain. "ASTRID!" Hiccup drops his blade and dropped down on his knees next to Astrid, speechless.

He flips her over so her stomach his facing him and he can already see the blood seeping through the armour from the arrow. 

"Stupid girl," Grimmel gritted his teeth and whistles. The Deathgrippers open fire, blasting flaming acid in every direction.