beautiful > hot

an astrid version of 'drop dead gorgeous' so basically hiccup talking about astrid. this time it takes place throughout the httyd timeline (httyd 1 - httyd 3, including rtte)

enjoy!

(ps: peep the new cover! made on instagram lol)

Ever since I laid my eyes on that one blonde, I couldn't take them off. All day, everyday, I'd stare at her from the forge while she had her lessons with Gobber.

Astrid Hofferson was the girl of my dreams. Everything about her was perfect. Her hair, those electric blue eyes and her combat skills are to die for, literally.

But, being a scrawny 15 year old, I doubted I'd had any chance with her. Not even friends. Also because Snotlout was hitting on her but she never seemed to like him. 

Then, finding Toothless probably changed my life forever. The day we took her for a flight, she gave me a small but sweet kiss on the cheek. I still remember the exact lines she said.

That's for everything else

To this day I still wonder what she meant by everything else. 

After the battle of the Red Death, she gave me a full kiss on the lips! In front of a bunch of Berkians that included my dad! I had a giddy smile on my face after the kiss and from then on, we were inseparable friends. 

3 years later, the Gang and us grew a whole lot closer. Astrid still hated Snotlout but she still tolerated him. Just a little.

Eager to learn more about dragons and discover new species, the Gang and I moved to a place we called 'Dragons Edge' just off the north-east of Berk. 

It was an island with everything we needed. Water, food and proper land to build our huts on. 

So, we began our 'Into the Great Beyond' journey. During our time at the Edge, we discovered hundreds of new dragon species. From the cunning Deathsong, to the deadly Slitherwing. 

Our first few months at the Edge were filled with all sorts of drama. Both good and bad. 

After the discovery of the Dragon Eye, enemies from all corners of the Archipelago came after us. It started off with Dagur. Who thankfully, is now a good friend of ours.

How you may ask? Well, after finding Heather and her Razorwhip, Windshear, we found out that she was Dagur's biological sister. 

So, we tried keeping them away from each other as much as possible because Heather wanted to kill Dagur for some reason. But eventually, they spoke to each other and moved back to Berserker Island. 

After Dagur came the Grimborn brothers. Ryker Grimborn and his younger brother, Viggo Grimborn. After we ended Project Shellfire, Ryker disappeared and Viggo fell into a volcano. 

So, the Gang and I thought that it was all done. We've defeated everyone. But we still stayed on the Edge just for safety. 

Other than all this bloodshed and drama, love blossomed on the Edge. Dagur and Mala were a soon to be married couple and Throk somehow fell in love with Ruffnut. But they didn't even last a day. 

Then it comes Heather and Fishlegs, who also didn't last long and finally Astrid and I. We've grown so close together as friends and I've had a crush on her for so long that I just had to tell her. 

To my surprise, she had the same feeling and from then on, we began dating. Oddly enough, we confessed right after she recovered from her blindness. 

The Gang eventually figured it out because we were being very distant from them for a period of time. And we were cool with it because we were planning to tell them.