lover

'lover' by taylor swift - set post httyd 2/early httyd 3
set in astrid's pov

After his dad passed away, the house was all his and his mom's. But Valka eventually decided to move out into a smaller house. 

This left him with a gigantic house all for himself. I thought he would've loved it, considering that he was rather introverted. But no, I found him standing at my door and he asked me these exact words 

"Would you move in with me?" 

I never thought he'd ask me. He's the love of my life and all I've wanted is a place of our own to call home.

Ever since that day, our life was perfect. Just the two of us, in a place we call our home. Our rules, our call.

It all feels so surreal. We spend everyday together, in the house or not. We are always together. 

__________________________

It may our house but now and then, we let our friends crash in the living room. It definitely isn't normal for other people to be in the house, but they're our friends.

But we always have some sort of space to only ourselves when they're around. The living room is theirs, and the second floor is all ours. 

It's our call. He always said. I love when he always says "ours" instead of "yours" or "mine". We always make sure we agree on things - That everything we do is together. 

One thing that always got on my nerves was when all the other girls would just stare at him when we're walking in the village. It always makes me suspicious to whether they want him or they're just looking. But then again, he's absolutely amazing. Why wouldn't everybody want him?

__________________________

There I lay in bed, alone. He was out on a patrol that he refused to let me come along on because of how dangerous it was. 

But anyways, there I lay in bed, imagining what our wedding day would look like. It was only a matter of time before he proposed and eventually marry me, right?

I could imagine me and him at the altar with Gobber yelling, "Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand!"

With every battle scar and blister on my hands, I take this absolute maniac of a dork to be my lover. 

Well of course, I'm not actually going to say that at the altar if we do oneday get married.

But God, I would really be the happiest woman on Earth if he proposed to me. I don't need any gold or silver ring. I don't even need a proper engagement ceremony. As long as my future is with him, is all that matters.

__________________________

Moving away from my delusional self, something that is in fact a reality are our dates. 

We love to meet up at a cliff that over looks the entire village. We'd sometimes even stay there the whole day if we'd like. 

But whenever we'd talk, he'd always bring up the dirtiest jokes. And he admits that he always waits for our dates like this where he can share them all with me.

It warms my heart to know the number of things he does for me and me only. Such as these dates, the jokes, even sometimes these amazing gifts that he loves to give me in the middle of nowhere. 

And I mean that both figuratively and literally. We could be out at sea in a storm trying to get home and he'd just suddenly have a box in his hands and saying that it's a gift for me. 

I'll always ask him, "Why another gift?" Because it's only less than a month into Winter and I've already received more than 5 gifts from him.

His answer would always be "Because why not?" or "Because I love you."

__________________________

So that's me and Hiccup for you. 15 year old me would never have imagined falling in love with Hiccup Haddock. 

Even sometimes I can't imagine what a beautiful and perfect life I'm living life right now. My biggest what if in life is 'What if I never fell in love with Hiccup?'

But what matters is the present. Not the past, nor the future, but what is happening in present time. 

And I am so grateful to have met this dork of a man and know that my future is with him. 

He will always and forever be my Lover.

so that's lover for you and if any of you are confused as to where the lyrics fit, i'll put them in the comments for each sentence that relates to the lyrics

and happy 4th of july to all my fellow americans out there! 

xoxo, nikki <3