darling girl

*recommended to play above video when stated in the story*

inspired by the song "beautiful boy" by john lennon. it's such a sweet and beautiful song that i just had to use it somehow. 

context is basically astrid gets abused by her dad both physically and mentally and lots of fluff later on. 

takes place primarily in httyd 2 but any time works honestly. 

enjoy! 

Every night, screams, shouts and hollers could be heard from the Hofferson house. 

Every night, cries and pleads could be heard from the Hofferson house. 

Every night, Hiccup Haddock would lay awake in his bed worrying about the Hofferson house. 

The screams and cries were those of Astrid. He never knew what was going on there because since last month, Astrid's dad has been confining her in their house and he has never gotten to see her much since.

When he did manage to see her, she was extremely different. No more laughs and playful punches. Just nods and soft replies. 

One thing I noticed was that when I wanted to give her a pat on her back for encouragement, she would always flinch.  

Something was definitely up at her home. Unfortunately, her dad not only locked her in but also locked people out. 

Everytime he tried to ask her about it, she would simply ignore his question and try her best not to cry. 

This all went on for a few months, and everytime Hiccup got the chance to see Astrid, she would have scars and bruises on her arms and legs. 

Her excuse was always "I just fell off Stormfly while training". Well they definitely weren't. But he didn't want to push it and just followed along with her answer. 

___________________

Hiccup was sitting on the couch with a book in his hands. Valka was out for a patrol and wouldn't be back until tomorrow night. 

He was sitting on the couch with a book in one hand and a the other propping his head up against the arm rest. 

Toothless was sleeping on the ground in front of him by his feet. Despite the screams and cries, Hiccup tried his best not to think about them because he couldn't care to think about what could really be happening. 

Suddenly, Toothless' ears perked up and looked towards the door where the door knob was jiggling around like someone was trying to break in. 

Hiccup armed himself with his ignited blade and was ready to defend himself until he heard the desperate voice of his girlfriend from the other side, "Goddamnit, Hiccup! Open up, please!" 

He threw his now extinguished blade to the side and ran towards the door and opened it, allowing Astrid to run inside. 

Hiccup immediately closed the door and looked at Astrid with worriedness in his eyes.

She was shaking from head to toe like a leaf. Her hands wrapped tightly around her body and her tear-stained face with tears still flowing down her cheeks.

Just a second later, Astrid's father, Arne, burst through the door of the Haddock house and demanded in a stern voice that sent shivers down your back. 

"Astrid Hofferson, get back in the house right now," he said with his chest heaving up and down. 

Astrid couldn't move and when Arne was about to walk towards her, Hiccup stood in front of him and said, "Go back home, Arne. Astrid can say here for the night," 

"Are you mad? She's MY daughter. She will do as I say. Astrid, come!" 

"By order of the Chief, I demand you to return to your home," Hiccup commanded. Arne scowled at him and looked once more at Astrid.

"I'll deal with you tomorrow," Arne said through gritted teeth before slamming the door behind him. 

Astrid was still frozen and shaking and more tears were flowing down her cheeks.

Hiccup walked towards her and pulled her into a warm hug. She didn't relax into it immediately because of how shaken she was. 

He swayed around a little, like a dance, to calm her down a little more. It broke his heart to see her like this, and to see that her father was the one causing her this trauma.

recommended to start song here :) -- (mainly from 0:00 to 0:44)

Astrid soon calm down. Still shaken but she was more relaxed into Hiccup's grip. He brought them over to the couch and sat down gently so that she was rested comfortably in his lap sideways.

He was still swaying from side to side because despite being more calm, Astrid was still very shaken from what had happened before she ran over to Hiccup's house.

She soon had tears flowing out of her eyes like a waterfall, her breathing rate increasing and her body was shaking even more. Hiccup assumed that she just happened to think about what had happened before and just couldn't take all the trauma she had been through.

"Shh, Astrid. Close your eyes," he soothed her and stroked the back of her head. She soon laid her head on his shoulder and buried her head into his neck and sobbed harder.

"It's alright, I'm here now. There's nothing to fear anymore," 

"You're dad's gone. He's not here anymore and isn't coming back," 

"I'm here now, Astrid. And I always will be,"

Astrid's sobs soon died down with a few deep sobs here and there. Hiccup had his hand on the back of her head, gently stroking her head. The other hand placed on her thigh and tapping it to the rhythm of his sways.

"I don't want to go back, Hiccup. Not with him," Astrid looked up at Hiccup and her eyed began welling up with tears again.

"You don't have to and you never will. I'll always be here for you, my darling. Always and forever," 

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful. Beautiful girl...

actually so happy with this one. 

i hope you guys enjoyed this one too and i just find it such a sweet oneshot where astrid is weak and stuff instead of always strong and brave 

more coming soon!! 

nikki xx