haven't i given enough?

is this inspired by the song 'gilded lily' from tiktok? yes

anyways takes place post httyd 2 and hiccup goes into depression after stoick's death and his mental health deteriorates from the pressure of becoming chief

It's been about a month since Drago's defeat and Stoick's death. Berk was almost finished being renovated and re-built. 

The dragon population here has soared because of Drago's and Valka's dragons joining them. It all seemed fine until it came to a certain auburn haired viking. 

Hiccup Haddock was immediately appointed Chief of Berk after the death of his Father. No one ever sees him anymore except for Gobber,  Valka and Astrid. 

He's been so stressed and overwhelmed by the workload dumped on him. He never got the proper teaching on how to be Chief. 

He's not the same anymore. He doesn't talk, eat and everyone on Berk is 100% sure he rarely sleeps.

Due to the overload of work and duties to attend to, he hasn't been able to make time for other things in his life. Toothless has now fallen under the care of Astrid and Valka because Hiccup doesn't have time to fly him. 

He never sits down for family dinners anymore. He only sees his mother because she visits his house regularly. Same goes with Gobber. 

The worst of all is that he doesn't spend time with Astrid anymore. No more races to Itchy Armpit. No more deep conversations at the cliff that overlooked Berk. Astrid was almost nothing to Hiccup anymore. 

___________________________

"Hey, Gobber. Any idea where Hiccup is?" Astrid asked Gobber who was at the forge. 

"Probably in his house. I wouldn't try to talk to him, lass. He's seems pretty tired and I don't think he wants any disturbance," Gobber responded.

"I'm still going to try. Thanks," she ran to Hiccup's house and let herself in. Before becoming Chief and all, Astrid was granted permission to come into his house whenever from Stoick. 

"Hiccup? You in here?" Her voice was so loud in the eerie silence of the house. It was practically pitch black inside because there weren't any candles that were lit.

She went upstairs and slowly opened the door to Hiccup's bedroom, only to find papers strewn all over the place.

Toothless was in the corner, all snuggled up and sleeping soundly. Broken pencils everywhere, some laundry here and there. It was an absolute disaster.

The worst thing of all was Hiccup. He was sitting at his desk, head propped up on one hand and a bottle of Asgardian mead in the other. This wasn't the only bottle, there were at least half a dozen more empty bottles beside him.

"Hiccup?" She asked, stunned.

He noticed Astrid at the door and replied emotionlessly, "What?"

"Hiccup, what on Earth are you doing?! You can't be sitting here drinking when you have important matters to attend to!" She snapped at Hiccup and glared daggers at him. 

She had never seen Hiccup drink this much before. As much as she understands how stressed he is, she can't let him take it out on drinking.