happy valisbot

this is a one shot i planned to post on valentines day but i couldn't finish it on time. and valisbot is basically what vikings called valentines

takes place before httyd 3. enjoy!

It was Valisbot Day on Berk. The Festival of Love. A big party was being set up at the Great Hall for tonight. Couples were either on their dragons soaring through the air. Some were taking a stroll on Berk. Some at home having some fun... Let's not get into that.

It was usually a very relaxing day for most of Berk until it came to Berk's most famous couple. You guessed it, Hiccup and Astrid. 

They rarely showed affection outside of home and today was probably the most bizarre sight ever. They happened to be avoiding each other! On Valisbot Day!?

Everytime Hiccup saw Astrid, he'd run off. Everytime Astrid saw Hiccup, she ran off! 

Honestly, it did end up concerning some Berkians because they were fine yesterday. 

Looks like this year's Valisbot is going to be a little different...

____________________________

"Ugh! What in Thor's name am I going to get Hiccup?" Astrid paced rapidly through her bedroom in her house. 

Usually she'd stay at Hiccup's home but not today apparently. 

Stormfly was with her and she squawked questionably in response, "Come on, Stormfly! I need your help! Okay okay. What does Hiccup like? Let's start with that!"

Astrid grabbed a piece of parchment and a pencil and sat down next to Stormfly to write down some gift ideas.

____________________________

"C'mon, Bud. It's already past noon and I'm not even halfway through with it!" Hiccup exclaimed to the Night Fury who followed him into the woods. 

Hiccup had spent days planning out Astrid's gift. He'd planned to get her a flight suit made from Stormfly's scales to match his Night Fury one. He's also been contemplating on whether he should make her an axe or not. 

He couldn't work in the forge. Astrid would end up seeing her gift before the big party tonight. So, he brought all his supplies to the Cove where he found Toothless and befriended him 6 years ago.

He'd woken up in the wee hours of the morning to get started on his project given that he'd only finished the design the night before.

By 7 o'clock his back was killing him. Having to walk 20 minutes from the Cove to the forge is no joke! But he'd gotten used to it by now since it has been 5 hours.

The only problem is that he's only cut the piece of fabric and hasn't even began putting the suit together yet! He hasn't collected Stormfly's scales, he wasn't sure if he had recorded Astrid's measurements correctly, he didn't even know what he was doing half the time. 

Boy, this sure is going to be a roller coaster.

____________________________

"A book? I can't get the man a book! He had thousands of them already!" Astrid shouted in frustrated as she threw the piece of parchment and pencil to the side. 

She had been racking her brain for the past 2 hours thinking of a gift for Hiccup. To no avail, she still hasn't found one.

It was already the late afternoon now. Around 5pm. She needed to start getting ready for the party tonight which began at 6:30pm on the dot.