i trusted you || 2

"Mom, Dad, I have something I would like to discuss with you," Astrid said confidently as she walked into the throne room.

The parents looked at each other for confirmation and the King gestured to his daughter, allowing her to speak.

"I've found a 'guest'. His name is Hiccup," Astrid pulled Hiccup next to her harshly and held him in place, "he says he is here to learn more about our Nadders," 

Hiccup knew he'd probably be executed if they found out who is really was. 

"Young man," King Arne called out, making Hiccup stand alert and look at the King, "is what my daughter says about you true? Are you here to learn about our Nadders?"

Hiccup nodded in response.

The King looked at his wife again, thinking about what to do with Hiccup. 

"Very well then, since it is my daughter who discovered your presence, she shall show you around Naddervows and teach you all about our Deadly Nadders," King Arne announced.

"But, Dad-," 

"It is done, you will show him around. Is that clear?" King Arne said in a more harsh tone to his daughter.

"Fine," Astrid grumbled. She wasn't excited about this. She hated teaching people and what's worse it's someone she barely knows.

__________________

Hiccup and Astrid walked out of the throne hall together. Every time he tried to start a conversation, he reply was always "whatever" or a shrug. Based on her attitude, he was far from doing anything with her.

"I have a class in around 10 minutes. In the meantime I'll show you to a guest room where you can wait 'till I'm done," Astrid said monotonously as they walked up the palace steps.

"Do you think I could perhaps watch your lesson?" He asked cautiously because she definitely didn't like him. 

"Do you or do you not want to stay here and learn about Nadders?" Astrid asked sternly as a reply.

With that, he knew he'd be waiting in his room until she finishes her class. 

After Astrid showed Hiccup his room, she ran to get Stormfly and flew to her lesson at the speed of light because she was already 5 minutes late. 

Hiccup and Toothless just chilled in their room to past the time.

__________________

After about an hour, Hiccup heard a knock on his door. He rushed to open it to find Astrid with her arms crossed in front of her.

"Ready to go?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

He nodded and they left as a pair to take a walk in the township of Naddervows.

"So, Princess Astrid, what's your favourite thing to do around here?" He asked, sounding as friendly as possible.

Surprisingly, Astrid loved being asked those questions because she sure did have lots of activities she did around here.

"Oh! Well, I love just flying around the island with Stormfly and talking with the villagers," she replied with a small smile. 

"I love to do that too back home with Toothless here. Not so much with the talking part though," he replied with a wince.

Astrid was taken aback by the fact that he didn't like interacting with people because of how alive and enthusiastic he was acting with her.

"Why? You seem to love talking to me," she asked.

"It's not me. I would love to spend some time with the villagers back in my island but it's my dad. I'm never allowed to leave the castle unless one, to fly Toothless and two, if I need to go on a trip to somewhere. The villagers don't even know how I look like!" 

Astrid couldn't imagine how it must feel being trapped in your own castle by your parent. With little to no interaction or communication. 

They eventually made it to the town square where lots of eateries and restaurants were in sight. Although it was the late afternoon, they decided to go to a nearby cafe to grab a bite. 

They sat down at a simple but posh cafe and just talked. They just talked about their training methods, what it's like being a prince and a princess and all that stuff. 

They talked so much to the point where Hiccup realised he liked this girl. Actually, it wasn't just at this moment that he realised he liked her. Ever since he saw her for the first time, he immediately fell in love with her.

Those electric blue eyes that matched the striking scales of her dragon. The attitude that she had unlike other princesses who acted dumb and lazy. She loved to train and never stayed silent.

However, liking her was a huge problem. First, how would he know if she liked him too? She probably doesn't even plan on marrying anyone or even getting together with someone. Second, this would interfere so much with his real purpose here.

But at the same time, did he even want to carry out his real purpose anymore? Did he want to let his dad take over the Land of Naddervows and slaughter every last Deadly Nadder? The clear answer here was no but his dad certainly wouldn't feel the same. 

They've been talking for so long that the sun had already set and the moon had risen. They flew back to the palace where Astrid offered to bring Hiccup back to his room.

"'Night, Hiccup. Turns out you're not as bad as you look," she smiled. 

"Ouch," he replied, thinking that she thought he looked bad. 

"Kidding, you look really good honestly. Probably the best guy I've seen out of all the princes that have been presented to me," she chuckled, punching him lightly in the shoulder.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his head, "Thanks, Astrid. But I think we both need some rest before tomorrow. Goodnight," 

"'Night," she said before closing the door to give him some time alone.

After Astrid closed the door, Hiccup felt butterflies in hims stomach and punched the air in happiness.

"Did you hear her, Bud?! She liked talking to me now!" He said in absolute joy as he took Toothless' head into his hand. 

Toothless had no idea what Hiccup was on about but he knew he was happy so to make his rider even happier, he just acted happy as well.

"She even said I looked good, Toothless," Hiccup sighed in content as he crashed down onto his bed. 

Who knows what tomorrow might bring?

i think i did really good on this one! i hope the story isn't moving too fast but i need to keep this in as little parts as i can so yeah...

but anyways hope you enjoyed this one!