Three

She nods. "Thank you," she says. "Thank you so much."

I shrug. I don't really mind, now I know I'm not going to miss saying goodbye to Elouise. "It's fine. So, um... Do you want to go somewhere and get changed...?"

"Can we swap right here?"

I'm a bit surprised. I look at the limo's windows. There are people out there, on the pavement, what seems like arm's length away from me.

"The windows are tinted," Anna says. "And it's dark. No-one can see in."

"Yeah..." I say, and look up the front, towards the driver.

"That's okay too," Anna says. "She's a she."

I nod, but I keep hesitating.

"Please?" Anna says. "I'm really in a hurry."

"It's just..." I say. "Um..."

Backless dress so no bra. I said that before, didn't I? Or maybe not.

Anyway, I hesitate, and Anna guesses why. She pushes a button on the door, and speaks into some kind of hidden microphone. "Don't you dare turn around," she says to the driver. "Do you understand me?"

"Yes, ma'am," the driver says back.

"If I think you have, if you even peek, I'll have you fired," Anna says.

"I understand ma'am," the driver says.

"Happy?" Anna says to me.

I'm actually not. That seems a little cruel. "You don't have to fire her..." I say uncertainly.

Anna smiles. "I won't."

"Please don't," I say.

"I promise," Anna says. "I won't. I completely promise. But can we do this now? I'm in a hurry, is all..."

I nod. I start to reach for my zipper, behind my back, then realize I probably can't manage while I'm sitting down and stuck in a car. "Um. Could you unzip me?"

"Of course," Anna says, seeming very grateful. "Thank you so much."

"It's fine. Just unzip me."

"Turn sideways a bit."

I turn enough in the seat that she can reach my back. She tugs down my zipper, and then sits back and does her own, which is on her side, under her arm. I pull at my dress, hitching my hips off the seat, and pulling the skirt part up, and then sit down, and pull it all over my head, and get it off in the end. It isn't easy, and it really isn't elegant, but it seems easiest way to do it, while sitting in a car.

I take my dress off, and then hold it out to her, with one arm over my chest. There's quite a lot of bare skin suddenly, is all, and I'm still a little worried about the windows.

Anna looks at me, and my arm, and seems to realize about no bra. She kind of goes, "Oh right. Shit, sorry."

"It's fine," I say, and actually don't shrug. "But, um... could you give me something to wear. Like, right now?"

She grins, and pulls her dress off, the same way I did, and gives it to me. And she does have all her underwear, just by the way, since her dress isn't as cocktaily as mine. I take hers, and I'm about to put it on, except we're a bit cramped in here, so I wait, holding her dress against my front, wondering whether we should do this one at a time, so we don't hit each other in the face or anything. I think we should, and I'm not sure who should go first, but probably it's her, since she's in a hurry, so perhaps I ought to wait.

So I do.

And I'm still sitting there, hesitating, when I suddenly realize she's looking at me. Like, looking quite intensely. Looking at my bare legs and bare arms and bare side, mostly.

Not at my face.

"What?" I say, nervously. Because it's not like I'm completely insecure, but this is a very famous person staring at me like that, and that famousness is enough to make me worry.

I think she's judging me, is why. I think it's so long since she's seen a real un-famous person, with real un-famous person undies, that she's horrified by the utter nastiness of me.

I'm a bit hurt, and a bit upset, and it's silly but I suddenly feel miserable.

It turns out I'm completely wrong about why she's staring, though. Because right then, Anna leans forward.

And then she kisses me.

She kisses me well. Really well.

So that's something of a surprise.

I mean, I am. Not that she knows. And I'm also very interested. But also, I think I'm up with the celebrity gossip about who's into girls. And I'm pretty sure she isn't, according to that gossip. Meaning, no-one knows she is.

No-one knows right now, anyway.

Which probably isn't going to continue if she keeps nakedly kissing random naked people in the back of limos, the way she is right now.