Thirty-One

We kiss, and after a while, Anna suddenly pulls us sideways, so we fall over onto the couch. I think she does it on purpose, trying to make us sit down without actually stopping kissing. We topple over, anyway, still kissing, and start to fall, and as we do we get kind of tangled up together.

We get tangled, so one of her legs is between one of mine.

Which isn't bad, not really. I mean, her leg there feels nice to me. And neither of us seem to be hurt, from the falling, and lying tangled around someone who you're kissing, pressing yourself together, that isn't so unusual. It's completely normal, actually.

Except for how we're both already almost naked.

That makes this a little different.

I fall half on my back, and Anna lands on me, and her leg is between mine, and pressing downwards. Like right between mine, so the top of her thigh is pressing onto my undies, between my legs.

So it's basically like we're having sex already.

Anna doesn't notice at first, as far as I can tell. She's laughing as we land, from the falling over, I think. She looks at me, and kisses me again, and then says, "Are you okay?"

I nod.

"I didn't hurt you when I landed?" she says.

I shake my head.

"Good," she says, and moves to kiss me again, and as she moves her leg slides slightly against me, right between mine, and then, I think, she finally realizes exactly where her leg is.

And then she stops moving, and we both just look at each other.

She looks down at her leg, and then up at me. And I want to blush, because of that look. Because of what lying naked and tangled around someone like this is, really, and because we're both only wearing our underwear, so there's a lot of skin, and thin cloth, and us pressing achingly sexily against one another. And, to be honest, because she just saw a lot of me when she looked downwards, and I still care just a little about her seeing me, that too.

So I swallow, and look up at her, and I don't know what to say. I don't know because I'm nervous, partly, but also because I desperately want her to move again, to keep moving, to keep sliding against me as she just did. And I don't feel quite ready to actually tell her that. Not as bluntly as I'm thinking it, anyway.

Her leg landing there has suddenly made things complicated. Because it feels like we've accidentally just jumped way ahead of where we both expected to be.

And I don't think it's even that we don't want to be here yet, necessarily. Because we do, I think. I do, anyway. Both of us probably do. It's just that neither of us knows for sure the other does, and that not knowing makes things awkward.