Thirty-Five

And then I stop, and wait.

I'm teasing. Mostly. And I'm giving her a chance to say no if she wants to.

I kneel there, on the floor, looking up at Anna, and I wait. I wait just long enough for her to work out why I'm down there, in case she hasn't already.

As in, that I haven't just fallen off the couch by mistake or something.

So, you know, like half a second.

And she works it out. Obviously. And she looks at me. "Oh," she says. "Oh um, right. I see."

"We're not stopping," I say, just to be very clear. "But I want to have a turn doing you. I want you to feel good."

Anna starts to smile. She reaches over, and puts her hand on my face, and looks at me like she's happy.

"If you want me to, I mean," I say, making sure.

"Yep," she says. She starts stroking my arms. "Of course."

"You do?" I say teasing. I mean, I hope really obviously teasing.

"Oh, I absolutely do."

I'm kneeling between her legs, basically leaning on one of her legs. I have my hands on her knees, on both her knees, and I'm stroking slowly upwards, feeling their shape and the silky softness of her skin.

I bend slightly, and kiss her thigh, just above her knee, and just above one of my hands. The front of her thigh, the part of it she was just using on me, and on the same leg, too. I kiss it, remembering how she felt, and imagine I can still feel the warmth of me against her, even though that warmth is really her.

I kiss, and then I look up at her. "Are you sure?" I say, teasing again, and really teasing horribly now. "Because I don't have to..."

She glares.

"I mean it," I say. "We don't..."

She slides herself towards me, sliding herself down the couch, so she's suddenly much nearer, and as she slides, she pulls at my shoulders too, trying to pull me closer, too.

"I'm sure," she says.