Twenty-One

"Nope," I say, without turning around. "I want my dress back." 

"What?" Anna says, sounding a little surprised. "Right now?"

"Yep," I say.

"Well," she says. "Me too. I want mine too. So give it here."

I turn and look at her then, just to make sure, and I see she's smiling. Which is lucky, since I'm really only being silly in a weird kind of way that's meant to be flirty. Or something. And which I really hope is.

"I mean it," I say. "I want my dress back."

"I mean it too."

"Good," I say. Then I point to the open window behind me. "This is a nice view," I say. Just so she doesn't think I hadn't noticed.

"I'll tell the hotel," she says.

"It's a nice room too," I say, and looking around.

"Yep," Anna says. "I'll tell them that as well."

I smile. "Okay," I say. "Do that."

"So do you want your dress or not?" she says.

"I want it."

"Good," she says. "So unzip me."

She's still standing where she was, over in the middle of the room. I look at the curtains, and wonder whether I should close them first. Just since she's famous and everything, so someone might be watching us from outside. Maybe. I mean, I'm wondering if there's a chance of that, is all, although I have no real idea. Mostly, I just don't want pictures of me being taken by mistake while someone is trying to photograph her, although of course I also don't want pictures being taken of her, either, and it being my fault for not closing some curtains.

I see a drawstring to one side of the window, and go over and pull on it. It takes me a couple of tries to work out how, but I manage, and close the curtains.

Anna just watches while I do. "Are you done?" she says, when I have.

I nod.

"You're not, I don't know, stalling or anything you?" she says.

I look at her. "Nope. Why would I? I told you, I want my dress back."

"So come over here and help me and you can have it," she says.

"So turn around and let me, and I will," I say.

Grinning, she does.

She turns her back to me, and holds her hair up and out of the way. I go over, and touch her back with nervous fingers, and feel her skin all warm and smooth and soft. I poke at the zipper, trying to catch it, and then, once I do, I hold onto the top of the back of the dress with my other hand. I hold it, because I know the zipper is a bit stiff and I'll have to.

Anna doesn't seem to mind. She doesn't object or anything.

I pull slowly, and watch the dress come open. My fingers are inside the top of the dress, against her skin, while I do, and Anna just stands there and waits while I unzip her.