1. Training

"Alright, todays training will be with the boy-" our coach was cut off by everyone's groans and complaints.

The girls on my team hated sharing fields with the boys. I however didn't mind at all. "Yea I know but it's good for all of you to play with players that's re potentially better than you" he says with a regretful face and spins slowly on his heels. He greets the boys coach when they walk out of the stadium.

"Get partners, we'll be doing volleys for a bit, as a warmup" One of the coaches yell out.

The girls stalk around each other and ask if they want to be partners but I take off running across the pitch and hug both Pedri and Gavi.

"Okay we can do a three because there's always uneven numbers anyway" I say to them as I job over and grab a ball. I kick to Gavi and he laughs at Pedri saying he's the favorite I walk to Pedri and pat him on the back standing on my tippy toes saying "that's not true" he snorts and Gavi shakes his head and mumbles something I can't hear.

Gavi pops it up and we start playing. I head it to them, kick it behind my head, trap it with my chest. Gavi heads it to me low to the ground and I act like I'm gonna kick it back up but I walk forward more to hit it behind my back and it confuses them and Gavi couldn't get to it.

"LOSER" I say pointing at him with a smile on my face.

"You suck Gavi" Pedri pats his chest and laughs.

"Oh shut up, both of you, pedri your gonna lose anyway" he says going to grab another ball so he can juggle while me and Pedri finish playing.

I win against Pedri by hitting back with my chest only and not trapping it.

"I winnn" I raise my hands in the air and yell.

"Well done BR"  Jonatan Giráldez, my coach, says walking around our group then walking away.

I smile to myself, first year being on this team. They're older than me. A few of the girls are 2-3 years older than me, making them about 20 and me still 17.

"Buen trabajo, amor (good job love)" Gavi says while patting my head.

"Buen trabajo, pero te voy a ganar la próxima ronda (Good job but I'm beating you next round" Pedri says and he chips the ball in the air to Gavi who kicks it to me, harder than last time. I settle it easily and give him a dirty look but he just smirks and raises his eyebrows.

"What you can't take it?" He asks as pedri heads it to him.

"And who won last round?...oh wait it wasn't you" I say trapping the ball with my chest and kicking it to pedri who laughs.

"Damn Gavi she got you there" He says and Gavi rolls his eyes.

We continue to pass the ball and after a while the coach tells us to switch up drills. We follow along and keep out partners the same.

*10 years ago*

"¿Quién eres? (Who are you)  a boy walks up to me asking.

"Me llamo Brylie, soy nuevo en este club y tú?" ( my names Brylie I'm new to this club and you?)  I extend my hand out and he looks at me with a kind smile.

"Pablo Gavi, do you want to be partners" he asks sweetly and I nod.

*Back to present*

Me and Gavi grew up together. From that moment on we stayed with each other everyday. We went to practices together, our mothers were best friends, hung out after schooling and training. We were inseparable. When I turned 14 we started to drift apart. He moved up a level so he could be with people older than him. He left me behind, I couldn't be mad at him because I know he needed to be the best so he could make it to where he is today but it still hurt when he left. We stopped hanging out on weekends and after school. We went separate ways. I started to advance in my skill and foot work when I was 16 so this year I could move up a level.