52. Emotions

"Mama" Pedri says from beside me and jobs forward to greet his mother.

Gavi does the same thing, going up to his family. Both families hug their child and talk to them, their sibling doing the same.

I stand there like a complete idiot, watching everyone hug and kiss their wives, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters. I look around and smile at everyone's confrontation with their families.

Eventually I decide I don't want to be standing in the middle while everyone's on the side having a grand ol time. I sit on the steps of the bus and get on my phone.

I scroll through my tiktok feed of the ones I'm tagged in. Some of them are happy edits of me and my teams, some are happy edits of me and Pedri or Gavi. Most of them though are them discovering the truth, my truth.

I click on one and see it's a video of me crying, where did they get that?

I continue to scroll through them bracing myself for what I'm going to see, how many people have seen.

"Brylie" I look up and see Pedri standing in front of me. He offers his hand and helps me up.

"Yeah?" I ask and he shakes his head at me.

"Mama wants to see you" he says folding his hands with mine.

"I didn't want to interfere with anything"

"She loves you more than me"

"That's so not true- your mother loves you sooo much and everyone can tell, everyone sees it. Your family is thee cutest family" I say and he laughs, knowing it's true.

There's so much love in Pedris family. Between him and his mother, him and his brother, him and his father. They are the definition of a true and complete family. It's full of love.

"Brylie" His mother calls me and brings me into a tight hug.

"Maria" I say laughing and kissing both of her cheeks. (Not for sure on his parents name, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll change it)

"How are you my lovely" she pulls away and moves my hair from my face.

"I'm good, how are you"

"Wonderful, how's football going?" She asks and my smile becomes full.

"Great, training with the boys was...different, to say the least" I turn to look at Pedri then back to Maria "but a good experience, it was really fun"

"That's good dear, now tell me why my child hasn't told me anything about your secret relationship" she stands their with a glare on her face looking between us.

I go quiet and clear my throat because Pedri won't say anything. I elbow his rib and he groans.

"I...we um.." he looks at me for help and I put my hands up. "It just happened Ma, I didn't have time to tell you"

"Mhm, unbelievable Pedro- not telling your own mother when you get a girlfriend, and that girlfriend being Brylie is even more important" she stands with her hands on her hips.

"Sorry" Pedri mumbles and then she looks at me with a smile.

"Oh baby your Pedris girlfriend" she squeals and grabs my cheeks "if he hurts you tell me, I may be old but I can still round on him if need be" she turns to Pedri and he has his mouth open.

"I'm your child" he says and she shrugs.

"Same goes for her- don't hurt my pepi" she gives him another hug and he smiles.

I look at Pedri and just smile. We hold eye contact and everyone and everything drifts away. It's just us. He searches my eyes while I search his.

—————-
GAVIS POV