41. Todo va a salir bien

Training gets harder for the boys and me. They play tomorrow. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement and I'm not even playing. Pedri's nerves have been crazy. I don't think we've talked much since the movie. None of us, not Ansu, not Ferran, not Eric, not Gavi.

We've ate dinner together but sat in silence. I don't think any of them have played in a World Cup before.

"Pedri hey can we talk" I jog up to him but he's zoned out while doing stretches. "Pedri"

"What" he says moodily.

I shake my head and shrug my shoulders with attitude. "Seriously, I get your playing tomorrow and nervous but why do you have to shut me out" I huff "You can talk to me you know, I could help calm your nerves"

"Yeah but your struggling already- I don't want to add onto that"

I loo away from him and to go ground. That hurts. He didn't mean for it to hurt me but it did. I clear my throat in the awkwardness and I try to relax my tense muscles. I try to say something but can't. I take a minute but he doesn't even notice he's still training.

"Pedri I'll be here for you no matter what my 'mental state' is okay? So talk to me because ignoring me isn't helping my own 'struggling'" I say with an angry tone.

"I didn't mean it like that" he says looking at me now.

"Yeah but that's what it sounded like" I look away from his gaze and look over at the other group of people training.

"I didn't mean it like that okay? I'm sorry I've just been nervous and trying to focus on the game coming up...not just a game a World Cup game" he says and I nod.

"I know" I put my arms around his torso and put my head to his chest. He wraps his arms around me and leans down and kisses my head. I look up with a sad smile. "Please talk to me about it"

"I will" he kisses my nose and let's go. I smile and go back to working out with him.

Xavi calls us back into the middle for a huddle and I push Pedri and get a head start. He yells out in protest and then runs up and wraps his arms around my waist, pickling me up and spinning me around. I squeal and he sets me down in the wrong direction of the huddle and he speeds away. I can't catch him and he's already reached huddle so I kick his butt when I reach him.

He gasps with his mouth open trying not to smile and i mimic his expression while laughing. I smile and face him the entire time I walk in front of him. I turn to look at Xavi and Luis but cover my butt with my hands.

Luis starts talking about the game plan and Pedris arms slowly wrap around me and he rests his chin on my shoulder. I don't take my eyes off of Luis but my cheeks warm up and are probably more red than they already were.

He huffs next to my ear and I flinch a bit and he chuckles. He leans his sweaty head on mine and I raise my arm to pat his cheek. I let my hand fall after and he laughs.

I know everyone's looking at the two of us because we're still pretty new to- whatever this is. We aren't dating and I know we're more than friends. Right? I think we're more than friends, does he think that? He had to think that...right?

The overthinking kicks in again and I don't try to stop it. I'm so tired, my mind is so tired of the racing thoughts. I'm tired of trying to stop the dam from breaking and letting the negative thoughts flood my brain.

"Relaja tu mente" Pedri whispers and I slowly nod.

I focus on my breathing first but it gets harder. I feel Pedris arm leave my waist and he hits someone next to him, it's Ansu. Ansu hands him his water and Pedris gives me the water telling me to take a drink and calm down.