62. Spare feelings

I move and regret it. I groan after the strong pain that shoots inside my head. I feel someone squeeze my hand and I slowly open my eyes trying to not make my head hurt.

When I open them I see Gavi holding my hand. Then I furrow my eyebrows.

"You have a game today" I say and he nods with a smile.

"I did but your more important" he says and leans over onto the hospital bed.

"But football is your life-"

"No your my life" he interrupts me and kisses my knuckles. I smile faintly and then blush starts to creep to my cheeks.

I look over and see Ingrid and Maria holding hands and looking at me.

"Did we win" I ask and they laugh.

"Seriously" Ingrid laughs with tears

"Your more worried about a football match instead of your own health" Maria says

"Always....did we win" I say and they laugh again- Gavi does too from my other side and I squeeze our hands liking the feeling of them together.

"Yes we did, your great header that caused you to be in this situation" Ingrid pokes my leg and smiles

"Play with a reckless abandon and a disregard for your body" I say and they finish the sentence with me.

"We know" they mock me

I say that all the time, me and Gavi came up with it- well I did but I say us because we were little when we made up our rules and everything.

"Here's our- AYOOO" Pedri comes in the room and smiles when he sees me. "My favorite little kid- no offense Gavi" he adds and it makes me laugh. Gavi scoffs and looks at me.

"You think that's funny" he says in a humorous voice and I nod biting my lip.  "You loser" he says and leans over to tickle me softly.

"I'll go get a nurse" Maria says and Ingrid stands up too.

"Your such a jerk you know" Ingrid says shaking my leg. "You had me so worried" she says and I frown.

"You were worried about me?" I ask in a shocked and quiet voice and they all smile cutely.

"Of course I was" Ingrid says

"We all were" Pedri adds and I look at him and smile.

"Thank you for coming...it means a lot" I whisper and the girls leave.

"You scared me" Gavi says and lean against him as he slides closer to me. 

"Did I?" I play with his knuckles and then remember my ring. "I don't have my ring" panic starts to set in because I don't go anywhere without my ring.

I sit up immediately and search around me and on the bedside table and my chest starts heaving. It's a comfort thing, like when kids are little they hide behind their parents legs because they feel safe their, i don't feel secure without it...something's missing and out of place.

"Brylie calm down" Gavi tries to stop me from moving so much and after a while of heavy breathing, and moving so much I lean back and close my eyes.

I bite down on my lip hard to keep myself from crying.

"Brylie it's okay" Pedri says standing up now. "You can cry- we don't care" he tells me.

"I don't want too because it'll make me look-"

"We know your not weak" Gavi says and I put my hand over my eyes.

"I don't-" I take a deep breath trying not to cry "want to"