22. Extra training

It's been a week since the diet and training schedules came out. It's been a week since pedri found out. It's been a week since me and Gavi last kissed.

I pull my car into the Barca fields and park. I grab my training bag out of the trunk and throw it over my shoulder.

I lock the car and put the keys into my pocket. I press play on my phone as I put in my AirPods. No one's here at Camp Nou, we don't have practice or anything I just needed somewhere to escape.

It's been getting bad lately. I've been pushing everyone's questions away and not acknowledging anyone who asks.

I've been living off of one salad and water for the past week. I stopped eating meals. I've told my parents I had too much to do to stay for dinner. I eat 6 pineapple slices before practice or training so I don't pass out. I've been in this situation before, the last time I wasn't smart and I blacked out many times. I'm experienced now, which isn't a normal or good thing for anyone else but me. Meaning I can loose weight and also get better at the same time.

I type in the code and register myself into the locker room and walk into the empty stadium. I do a full circle smiling widely as I examine the stadium.

Just me. I can do it, I'm here training when everyone's not.

I repeat my favorite quote while I set my stuff down taking my sweatpants off and my windbreaker team jacket.

I get my ball and cones out. I drop kick the ball into the air and set out cones while I wait for it to come down. I finish setting the three cones out and trap the ball as it comes rushing down to the ground.

I drop kick it again and then trap it when it comes down. I do this drill for a few more minutes then do some juggling to work on first touch even more.

After I get to 600 juggles and 4 around the worlds in do in-n-outs through the cones. I do shuffles and one times.

I continue to do a regular training session with myself. It starts to rain and it gets colder but I don't stop playing.

If I don't do this someone will be better

I tell myself every time I think about packing up and leaving.

Someone will replace you

I work harder, running faster trying to reach my limit

This is your job, give it hell.

I do moves against the fall figure cones I set up earlier, nearing the goal.

Pressures on 3v1, get past all 3 defenders your onto the goal.

I do more moves nearing the goal more and more with each crossover and step.

1v1 with the goalie don't crack under the pressure

I do a rainbow kick the slot it easily in the goal.

Work harder, train harder, won't be this easy in a game.

I retrieve my soccer ball and restart all of the drills. I drop kick the ball into the air drop down and do three pushups then get up and trap the ball with my foot.

I drop kick it again, dropping down doing three pushups getting up and trapping it with my thigh.

I drop kick it again, dropping down doing three pushups, getting up and trapping it with my chest.

I drop kick it again, dropping down and doing three pushups, getting up and trapping it with my head then back down to my foot.

I catch the soccer ball then lay down on the turf breathing hard. I do the breathing I was taught when I joined professionally here and repeat it in my head.