20. Eating disorders in a nutshell

"I'm actually going to die" I say as I read the list coach gave us.

"It's not too terrible" Iggie says and I stop and look at her.

"For you, you have an amazing body and healthy routines" I say "I've been living with boys, 6 boys- you know all the soda, chips, late McDonald's runs, like I'm so good addicted I'm going to die if I stop eating"

"It's not that bad you'll get used to it" Mip says patting my back.

"Yeah after I get a eating disorder it'll be great because then I won't want food" I say sarcastically and turning back to go into the locker room.

"Before torture starts anyone want to go out for drinks tonight" An older girl on my team says while changing.

"Yeah sure"

"Sounds good"

"Perfect"

"Yeah before the ED happens" I mumble and Iggie slaps my arm. "Ow" I say rubbing my upper arm.

"Brylie?" The girl asks and I shake my head

"I'm not old enough" I say without thinking.

"You turned 18 like two weeks ago, you're old enough" Mip says

"Oh shit I forgot, well I would normally say yes, actually no I wouldn't because I was underage like 2 weeks ago, but anyway I have to watch movies tonight...it's movie night" I explain to the girls and they all frown.

"Bummer" Megan says not upset at all. I roll my eyes and look at Mip and Iggie who are glaring at her.

I take both nah rms and wrap it around both of their shoulders. "Thank you" I whisper and the just hum in response.

They always have my back. And guaranteed tonight they give hell to Megan for this moment right now. She's never liked me because she always thought I was to young to be playing. Which makes since. I'm the youngest, I was recruited to this professional team that was for 20 and up, when I was 16, so it's understandable why she treats me like shit and acts as if I shouldn't be here.

Coach knows about what's happening in the locker room and on the pitch, how I don't know, but he's also told me that she's jealous. She was recruited at 21 with little talent compared to me being recruited at 16 with way more talent than her.

"Ight I'm out" I say waving to everyone as I push against the door and spin out of the locker room.

I lift my sunglasses up and I look out the window to see people waiting outside for pictures and autographs I'm sure. Damn it.

I put my sunglasses back down and walk out of the door. (Go to town- by Doja cat)

I keep walking ignoring the flashes and walk to one of my parents car that I took today. It's a BMW convertible. I take off driving and I get onto the highway with the wind in my hair. It's so nice out today, hot but not to hot, the breeze makes it perfect.

The tops down and it's like I'm in a euphoric state. Everything's perfect. I turn the music up and continue to drive down the coast.

I hum along to the music and put one of my hands in the air. I whoop and holler because I'm alone on the round and it's my first time driving by myself back home.

"If you're down boy, really down" I sing along

"Baby let me watch you go to town"

"Never or now"

"Go down, go down, go down"

———————-

I park the car on the garage and walk inside. Everyone's already in the kitchen waiting for me.