5. Chaos

"Hijo de puta, ¿cómo coño lo dejarías abierto, hijo de puta, maldita sea?" (Mother fucker how the fuck why the fuck would you leave him open son of a bitch god dammit) Xavi goes on a rant making all of us rolling with laughter.

Me and Gavi are waiting for our turn on the theater couch in the back. We were watching Xavi and Pedri against Finley and Lou. It's been a very eventful game. Finley is actually really good at FIFA, Lou is too but not as much as his.

They're winning 2-1 and Xavi is not having it. Pedri has been the same way. Shouting out cursing rants and yelling at each other for slacking off.

I was laying on Gavi's chest in between his legs and we've been rolling with laughter every since the match started.

I've gotten some good photos I'll post on my instagram later. I can hear Jude laughing through the screen which sends me into more laughter as I bring my phone out from Gavi's pocket and take a bicep of Xavi and Pedri yelling out cuss words.

"God dammit Pedro" Xavi slaps Pedri in the shoulder while looking at screen.

"AHHHHHHHHH" Someone shouts making me jump. "YESSSSS WHOS SLACKING OFF NOW XAVIER" Pedri jumps from his gaming chair and yells at Xavi.

"Your on the same team" Gavi laughs out and I agree with him

"LOU WHAT ARE YOU DOING" Finley  yells frustratedly through the FaceTime call.

"Lou that was on you" I say through laughs and he glares back at me.

"I doubt you were even watching Brylie- you're too busy cuddling Pablo" He says angrily.

I stare at him in shock. "Oh, cállate, estás celoso de que ni siquiera puedas conseguir una novia o una chica para pasar el rato contigo" (Oh shut up your just jealous that you can't even get a girlfriend or a girl to hangout with you) I snap back at him making the room go quiet.

It stays quiet and Lou is still glaring at me.

Out of no where Jude starts laughing and out breath he says "She got you there mate"

João snorts and then everyone starts laughing.

"This is a heated bracket now" Neymar speaks out and everyone laughs and agrees.

I glare at Lou again until he turns around and goes back to his match. I cross my arms and lean back on Gavi. He kisses my forehead and makes me look at him.

"It's fine, nothing to be mad about" he says softly making me smile weakly. His voice makes it so much better. I nod slowly and he smiles at me.

He interlocks his fingers with mine and I look down at our hands but he brings them to his lips and places a gentle kiss on the back of my hand. Making butterflies erupt in my stomach.

Lou was right about right now, because my focus is on Gavi and nothing else in the world.

———-

"João let's do it" I say while putting the headset on and grabbing the controller. I hear him chuckle in my ear.

"We got this" he says to me "good luck Bellingham, Gavi"

"Good luck" Jude says through the headset and so does Gavi.

Me and Gavi sit up close to the screen in gaming chairs and we both look at each other and nod.

Down to business

I tell myself and as soon as kickoff starts me and João are talking about who goes where, when to run, how to run, timing the ball. That's the key to winning a game distracting your opponent by talking a lot, crowding their thoughts with yours, and talking to your teammates, discovering a strategy before playing.