6. Came to watch you play

Darra passes the ball to me through two defenders and I pass back to her and make the blind side run around the defender marking me. She passes me the ball and I enter the 18. 1v1 goalie.

Sweat drips down my forehead and spine. Everything happens in slow motion. I can feel my heart beating faster and faster. I can hear my exhale and inhale of each breath.

As I near the goalie I flick it up over her head and lightly tap it into the goal. HOLY SHIT.

I run to the corner of the field. Before I reach the flag I bend down and brush the turf field and make the sign of the cross thanking God for the opportunity and guidance on my way to this point.

When I reach the flag I jump up and plant my feet and outstretch my arms as in a 'that's too easy' gesture and do a little dancy dance with my feet. Darra and the rest of my team come up behind me and hug me and congratulate me.

We run back to our starting positions on the field and wait for them to kick off again. Minutes go by and we reach 90 and they add 2 minutes of stoppage and after that's up it's still 1-0 us. I did that. I helped my team.

I can't help but walk off the field with the biggest smile. My coach jumps when I cross the white chalk and comes to me and pulls me into the biggest hug ever. I laugh as he rubs my head congratulating me.

I look into the stands and scan the seats. I freeze when I see a a certain boy that plays for Portugal. I jump up to the first level bleachers and jog to see João. I climb over the railing and into his arms.

"I didn't know you where here" I say in shock. I push his chest in a joking manner "when did you get here João"

"Got in yesterday and wanted to be at your first match on this team, thank god I came because you scored! You're first professional goal Brylie! The only goal" he says shaking my shoulders as if it's the best news he's ever received.

"Yeah I did" tears form in my eyes with joy.

He wipes them away and kisses my cheek. Two hands grasp me and take me down from the level and over their shoulder, I shriek but know who it is.

"Gavi put me down" I say but he grabs my upper half and spins me in circles. I wrap my arms around his neck laughing. "GAVI" I yell again laughing.

"You did it! You scored your first!" He says when he puts me down but doesn't let go, he kisses every inch of my face, besides my lips- unfortunately. He kisses my forehead, my temples, my cheeks, my nose.

He leans back and we both laugh. I pull away from him  and take off running, still full of energy even though I've just played more than 90 minutes of constant running.

He catches up to me easily and throws me over his shoulder again. When he does so I see João and Pedri talking. "Pedri is here?" I ask Gavi and he says yes. I jump from Gavi's arms and run into Pedri's.

"You did amazing Brylie" he says kissing my forehead.

We hangout and talk for a while. Posing for pictures with people and do dances for the cameraman. We do dances together and laugh. The media will enjoy this, I think to myself.

After a while of dancing, talking, laughing and chasing each other I go to the locker room with my coach and he gives us a talk before we are released to take showers and get ready for interviews.

I change into a crop top and flare leggings, and walk out of the stadium back into the field where I'm surrounded by paparazzi and reporters. I walk through the line of people stopping occasionally to answer questions and to sign things.

"What's it like to be the youngest on the field" one reporter shouts out and I step forward answering it, so my teammates can pass behind me.

I smile proudly and say " it's definitely a challenge with skill and ability but to think I'm playing with women older than, some by years, and great players that were my idols as a child it's an honor to share the field with them" I finish saying and scratch my nose.