Sea, Salt and Sunset

Song: This is what falling in Love feels like by JVKE

Tuesday

This night was terrible. My phone kept buzzing and buzzing. The picture was going viral. On TikTok, on Instagram. Mikky DM'd me about it, Lily called me about it, even a friend from New York texted me. I was very glad my mom hasn't got Instagram, but she has Facebook. When I wake up I'm tired as hell. My outfit is white and grey, I'm too tired to be original today. I walk downstairs and meet Pedri. He's already dressed. 'My training starts at 9am today, so I have to leave earlier than usual.' He explains. I nod while getting my cereal. 'I'll take the bus.' I respond. 'Tomorrow I'll be able to bring you, my training starts at 11am, so that's perfect.' I smile and Pedri leaves.

It would be the first time that I would take the bus since I lived here (two days :)) I walk to the bus station, which is only 5 minutes walking from Pedri's house. The bus is pretty comfortably. I'm not the only one, but nobody is paying attention to each other. When I arrive at the final station, I have to walk 3 minutes to my job. I arrive at my job hoping it'll be a little easier today.

'Alright ladies. Nicole will be here in an hour. Chin up and chest forward.' I stand in the middle of a group of models. They have gathered all the talents at floor 8, where there is a catwalk. Today we have running lessons, and I'm very nervous. All the women around me are older than me. They are all around 25 years old. Lily is nervous next to me and Rickey has just started walking. Our unnamed guide turns out to be called Christina. She's guiding us today until Nicole gets here, and she's already given Rickey a good beating for not walking straight.

'Next is Nina Cortés!' Christina screams. 'Good luck.' Stacey says and she gives me a nervous smile. I put my chest forward and straighten my shoulders. I've done this before, many times. Usually I would do it in my bedroom. Since Nicole told me about the job, I've watched interviews, lessons and runway shows and I tried to copy them in my own room. This time a few professionals are watching me, so it's not the same. If I'd trip in my room, I would probably laugh to myself. If I'd trip here, I would probably cry in myself. I walk onto the catwalk, with a feeling of self-confidents. I smile to the jury, who is sitting on the end of the catwalk. Then I put on a serious face and I starts walking. Not too fast, not too slow, not too messy, not too neat, not too confident, not too scared. I walk in a regular pace. Finally I reach the end of the catwalk. I stand still in an end-pose. Finally I look the jury in their eyes. I can't recognize anyone, only one woman. The one and only Kendall Jenner.

Ooh- My- God. She smiles and claps in her hands. 'How old are you darling?' a woman with gray hair asks me. 'I'm, seventeen ma'am.' I respond. She nods and rights something down on a paper. 'Thank you, next is Lily Solis.' The woman says. I walk to Rickey who sits down at a chair next to the catwalk. 'Wow, you were good!' she says and I smile. The jury didn't show if it was good or bad. They clearly wanted to keep their judgment private. Me and Rickey clap for Lily, who also has a pretty good walk. When everyone is done walking we were all instructed to go back to our own floor. Me, Lily, Rickey go back to our own floor, were the "already famous models" are taking a photoshoot. I recognize Romee Strijd, a Dutch supermodel. I also recognize Jasmin Tookes. They both look beautiful in their dresses. We walk past them and go to desk seven. Arnold and Joshua are watching our walks in slow-motion, and Arnold is taking notes.. 'Omg, you three slayed it!' Joshua says and he gives all three of us an high-five. 'Joshua, stop. saying. slay.' Arnold says. Joshua shrugs. 'Sorry, I can't help it!' he says. Arnold rolls his eyes again. 

Arnold gives us feedback on our first walking session. He tells me to walk a bit slower and to move my hands less. 'Okay you can go back now.' he says. 'Back?!' Lily says. 'Yes, this feedback wasn't for nothing. Now come on!' Arnold says. We all go back to floor 8. We walk again and go downstairs again.