Deja vu

Song: Deja vu by Olivia Rodrigo
'Okay, okay.' Sira seems incredibly stressed. 'We've got to get out of here, and fast.' she says and starts running towards the hedge. 'We have to get out of here too.' Pedri says to the other boys. They all nod.

'I'll walk with the girls for a while.' Ferran says. I find myself very relieved by that. 'Yes, me too.' Pablo says. For some reason I find that very exciting, and in a good way.

Ansu Pedri and Eric immediately get up and walk upstairs. Ferran meanwhile helps Amila, Aurora and Sira out. Me and Pablo are at the back of the queue. 'Fast fast faster!' Sira hisses as she pulls Ferran through the bush.

Pablo wants to let me go first, but I shake my head. 'You go first.' I whisper. Pablo is now also crawling through the hole. Suddenly I hear a voice behind me. 'Yes...no...you're right...' I turn to see a man walking down the hallway.

Then I feel two hands grab my hips and pull me into the bush. I let out a scream, but it's muffled by Pablo's hand. I am now sitting on his lap in the bush. Our bodies touch completely and he holds my head against his so I can't be seen. That's how we sit silent.

'Yes..... no..., no I'm outside.... no I wanted to give something to Pedri, but no one answered when I knocked at his room.... with Gavi and Garcia... .. I'm going to check Torres' room right now..... I can't imagine them being outside.... no they wouldn't.... yes.... no..... okay see you tomorrow...' the voice slowly fades away and we also hear the footsteps fade away.

Pablo still has his big hand over my mouth. We looked at each other the whole conversation. I don't know what he was thinking, he doesn't know what I was thinking. When the footsteps are completely gone, I finally dare to breathe again.

Pablo removes his hand from my mouth, but not from my face. He gently strokes my cheek. I just look at him. I'm not quite sure what to think about this. Doesn't he have a girlfriend? Or not?

He smiles a little. 'We can just stay here.' he says. I look at him again. My whole body is relaxed now, he's still caressing my cheek and I'm actually pretty chill here. But Pablo has a girlfriend and he lied.

I shake my head. Although I really want to sit there and just fall asleep against him, I still pull away from him and climb out of the bush. Of course the rest is already gone.

'I can do it myself from here!' I say and I already start to walk away when Pablo grabs my hand quickly. 'Did you really think I'm going to let you walk alone this late?' he asks. I sigh when I realize he's right. Going down the street alone here is stupid.

I let go of his hand and walk forward to the fence. Pablo is already approaching me to help me, but I can do it myself. Just like Amila did I climb over the fence. This time I land well. I see Pablo look surprised and he also climbs over the fence. Then we continue walking.

Finally we reach the main street, where cars are driving around. 'Thanks for coming along, but from here I can really do it myself.' I say. I turn and walk away when I hear his voice. 'Nina! Wait...' he says.

I stand still but keep my back to him. 'What?' I ask. 'I'm sorry.' he says. I turn around. 'A bit late.' I say tonelessly. He walks towards me in long strides until he is right in front of me.

'I don't understand why you're still angry.' he says. I press my lips together. 'Seriously?' I ask then. Pablo still looks at me innocently.

'I really thought you liked me.' I say. 'I do!' Pablo says. I shake my head. 'Listen. Kissing me or saying "I like you" isn't really being in love with someone. You have a girlfriend. You actually just cheated on her with me... without me knowing. And that story of your mother, I don't believe it. And then ask me how my flight was, or be jealous that I'm trying to move on, that's just toxic.' I say.