Chapter 32- Pen-pals

Just for a Christmas gift for you guys I decided to make this chapter extra long. 

Ever since I read everything, I've written so far, I absolutely hate how this book turned out.  When it's done, I'm going to go back through and add more conversations and scenes. Also do you guys think that I should come back to this story one day and write another version so that Draco goes through his creature inheritance during sixth year?

Harry's P.O.V

I could not sleep that night.

I waited until the dance had ended before I went straight to my room, working on the flower. Of course, I stayed to hear them announce that Draco had won. Because his approval-seeking arse would absolutely love to hear it.

After all, he'd made such a grand exit, not a single student wasn't talking about it.

 I could already hear his dramatic pompous voice saying, "see, Harry, some wizards are just better than others."

Maybe that was a little dramatic, but it put a smile on my face and made me miss his witty remarks. I missed him so much that I'd stayed up several hours longer than intended working on Draco's gift. 

But, when I'd finally set all of the magical guards back up, I wasn't able to sleep anyways. 

I felt restless and the amount of magic I'd fed the rose drained me. I was exhausted yet too unsettled to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Draco.

For some reason, being without Draco tonight is harder than usual. It's crazy, I've never even slept next to him, yet it feels as if he's missing. 

The thought instantly makes my heart skip a beat. I'd think that it was just because of how cheesy and lovey-dovey it was if it wasn't for the worry that plagued my mind. I had a feeling that something was wrong with Draco. 

It wasn't unusual for Draco to just up and leave me stranded like he had but I couldn't ease this sense that Draco needs me. I wanted to go to him so badly. 

But I try to get the motivation to get up and find him, but I can't.

I'm just so tired.

And so damn cold. My head is pounding from lack of sleep and maybe slight hunger also. No matter how hard I try to convince myself I can't bring myself to move. An endless sleep keeps taunting me and I realize my body is already aching too much to fight it.

So, I let it take over me. 

A dawning blackness consumes me, and an empty dreamless sleep greets me.

~~~~~

A migraine worse than the cruciatus curse is raging in my head. 

An urgent tapping sound breaks through the silence of the dark dorms. It must have been what woke me up, I realized. I groggily rub my face with my shaking hands and pat my nightstand for my glasses.

My throat feels dry, and my legs feel so heavy, but the sound is relentless and it's only a matter of time before it wakes up the whole dorm. 

I drag my aching body to find a huge bird pecking the window with its beak. It peers at me through the window and Its glaring eyes speak his annoyance at being left in the cold. It had light brown feathers all the way down until its tail which had white feathers. An eagle, I realized. It was carrying a scroll tied to its leg.

Who uses a bloody eagle for a messenger bird?

He titters before pecking the window in quick succession. In curiosity and amusement for the unnaturally expressive bird I rush to open the window. He comes in with a quick peck to my hand and I flinch at his speed.