Chapter Three- Spill

There's an actual spill in this one broh!

Draco's P.O.V

I held myself back from smiling when I saw Harry visibly tense at the sight of my eyes.  Maybe it wouldn't hurt to allow him to sit and watch.

"Okay. Sit down and don't touch anything. I wouldn't want the likes of you ruining my potion," I said haughtily.  Without breaking eye contact, he sat down in the remaining chair next to me. His eyes narrowed and his brow furrowed the longer he stared at me. 

I scoffed.

Then just for the heck of it I closed my eyes and opened them for a millisecond to flash their true blue color.  I heard Harry gasp but not even a second later I was focusing on my work with my grey eyes back in the front lines.  

He might start thinking he's going crazy if I keep this up.  

I smirked to myself.

I continued brewing the Draught Of Peace.  I put the utmost concentration into it, making sure to turn down the temperature when needed and counting every single full stir.  I could not mess this up.

Suddenly I felt strong waves of anger radiating from Potter. So strong in fact I felt my hands shaking from the mere pressure it was putting me under. 

"Potter stop it!"

"Me? I'm not doing anything! You're the one whose treating me like an idiot who can't even brew a simple potion," He complained. 

I rolled my eyes and found a good place to stop. 

I looked back up at him and replied, "this is not a simple potion! One too many stirs or one degree too hot and it's ruined and we will have to start over.  So yes sorry that I don't want a barmy wanker like you messing with it!"

I went back to stirring the pot.

My skin prickled red hot as Potters anger fluctuated tenfold. I was so startled that I dropped the spoon into the cauldron. 

"Potter!"

I stood up from my chair and towered over him.  He stood up too but he was just a few inches shorter.  My lips were perfectly lined up with his forehead.  

"Stop blaming me! You're the knob head that dropped the spoon in there! I didn't do bloody anything to your precious potion!" Potter shouted.

By now we had gained the attention of several spectators among the class.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed.  I knew I shouldn't have let him sit with me.

"Are you mad because I don't want you ruining it? Maybe I would let you help if you weren't so busy staring at me like the uphill gardener* that you are!" I yelled.

I watched as Potter clenched his hands in tight fist and lunged at me.

I fell to the floor with Potter on top of me as we fought for control.  Next thing I knew I was being drenched in warm liquid.  We had spilt the draught of peace. That didn't stop me from turning us over and pinning Potter to the ground.  I raised my fist in the air and prepared to punch him but as I looked down at him with his eyes screwed shut and jaw clenched ready to take the hit, I knew I couldn't do it.

I felt Slughorns beefy hands prying me off of Potter and as I stood up and looked at the scene we had caused, only one thing stood out to me.  I was being stared down with looks of disapproval and eyes of deep condemnation.

Of course. Of course it didn't matter that poor Potter tackled me first all that mattered was evil little death eater me was hurting our perfect savior!

I scoffed and shook my head. The irritation of my skin is what convinced me to leave. 

I needed to go to see Madam Pomfrey.

Harry's P.O.V

Ron pulled me up from the wet ground and I watched Malfoy make his escape through the door. 

"That bloody prat! He just attacked you for no reason at all.  I knew it, once a death eater always a death eater!" Ron argued.

If I remembered correctly, which I did, I was the one who attacked him.  And yet all I was getting was worried glances and helping hands.  If anything I deserved to get yelled at or detention at the most!

"No Ron. This was my fault."

I trudged out of the crowd of distressed students and made my way to the door.  I had to go and apologize to Draco even if it killed me to do so.

As I passed through hallways and classrooms I couldn't find a single trace of where he could've gone.  When I passed by Pomfreys slightly ajar door that was when I heard his voice.

"Just slight irritation and that's all.  Do you have anything . . . safe enough for it?" Malfoy asked her.

"Yes of course.  Next time you just need to be more careful. Those draughts of peace can cause a terrible rash if you let it sit long enough.  You have to keep in mind that your body is changing Mr. Malfoy. It can't withstand things that it use to."

A rash? The draught of peace wouldn't do anything to harm someone.  That's why it's the draught of peace.  I even got some on me and I feel fine.  Why would it affect him and his 'changing body'?

I hid behind a pillar as Malfoy made his exit.

I watched his body sway as he made his way towards the direction of the slytherin dormitories. Then a thought struck me.

I spread open the door to Pomfreys and with a swagger in my step I strode up to her.

"Hey Madam Pomfrey.  I happened to get some of that draught on me too.  Will I need anything for it?" I asked.

She turned to face me and set down the stack of reports she was holding.

"Oh no you'll do just fine, Harry. Carry on," she bustled past me and into her office.

I furrowed my brows as I walked out.  

What is going on?

There's only one person that could help me piece these puzzle pieces together.  I have to tell Hermione.  Soon.

~~~~~

* An uphill gardener is basically an offensive British term for homosexual.

1,009 words