Chapter 11 - Confessions

TRIGGER WARNING

AMY

After untangling myself from Daniel's bed, I rushed over to my shared room with Rachel. Logan, the bartender, had already left.

After softly shutting the door behind me, I leant up against the hard wood and sighed. Shutting my eyes, I thought about last night.

"Morning mate." Rachel smiled as she walked around our room, brushing her teeth whilst packing her bag.

"Morning lovely." I replied and pulled myself away from the door. I made my way over to the pile of clothes on the floor and began to fold them.

Rachel spat in the sink before swilling some mouthwash into her mouth. We remained in silence for a few minutes as she packed her toothbrush into her toiletry bag, stealing the complimentary hotel soap as she went.

"How was last night?" She smirked, zipping up a compartment of her suitcase.

"Rach," I sighed and fell down onto my bed, still folding the endless pile of clothes I had bought along with me, "It was amazing. I- I just." I couldn't get my words out, endless scenarios and emotions poured through my mind. I closed my eyes tightly shut and groaned.

"You don't want to be 'just sleeping together' but you don't want to approach the subject of 'what are we'?" Rachel could read my mind. She used air quotations to make her statement as she took a seat next to me on my bed. She placed her arm around my shoulders, giving them a firm squeeze. "It'll be alright Ames. I'm sure he wouldn't sleep with you again if he didn't like you."

I shrugged and threw the folded top, which was placed in my hands, down into my suitcase.

"I don't know what I want from this and I don't want to lead him on." I admitted and cupped my face in the palm of my hands.

Did I want a relationship right now?

I don't need any distractions from work right now.

"I think you owe it to yourself to try though, mate." Rachel moved from the bed and kneeled down in front of me, placing her hands onto mine. "What happened with Jason, won't happen again."

***************************************************

📍1st February 2012 - London, England

As I placed my car keys into the bowl by the front door, I closed the entrance of our rented London townhouse and called out to see if anyone was in.

Two male voices called out from the kitchen.

"Hey, you two." I smiled as I walked into my kitchen. I turned the kettle on and grabbed a mug from the top shelf cabinet. "Brew, anyone?"

"No thanks, babe." Jason muttered.

"I'll have one." Paul smiled.

"What are you guys doing over there?" I asked as I placed a tea bag in each mug.

I looked over from the kitchen island to see that Jason and Paul were 'working'. Using a credit card to cut the cocaine placed on my kitchen table, they measured it and placed it into small clear bags. A mountain of them piled next to the empty ones.

"What have I said about you guys doing this here?" I questioned, unhappy that they had bought this to my house.

I didn't want to be involved and I sure as hell didn't want to get into trouble. But I knew about it and I had known about it for nearly a year. Nearly the whole time I had been dating Jason.