Chapter 13 - Happy

@danielricciardo uploaded an Instagram story

@amyfox1 uploaded an Instagram story

AMY

This week had been a blast. I had spent every day with Daniel, enjoying his company and his hypnotic presence. We spent our time going to dinner, watching movies on the sofa, swimming and acting like children, stealing kisses and making love every night, sharing showers each morning.

In such a short amount of time, I had never felt so connected to a soul as I did to Daniel's. His soul was pure; sweet and kind. He was always happy, always up for a laugh and a joke. He always complimented me, even if I looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards. He almost never had a bad word to say about anyone, always defending my honour if the lads piped up and made a joke. It made my heart flutter at the fact that he didn't care about PDA in front of his friends, never ashamed of being around me. He made me feel uplifted and whole, a newer version of myself blooming from within. These feelings I had never felt before. I hadn't experienced this intensity of emotions with Jason.

"Are you excited to see your family?" I asked Daniel as I watched him zip his suitcase closed before lifting the item off the bed and onto its wheels touching the ceramic floor.

"I can't wait! It's been ages since I've seen them. Christmas was the last time actually." He smiled whilst flatting the creases from his top. A black top from his merchandise collection. The F1 car displayed proudly on the front, with his surname in bold above.

"I'm going to miss you whilst you're jetting off around the world." I giggled and walked over to him, allowing him to wrap me up in his arms.

"Just a couple more weeks and I'll see you in Miami." He kissed the top of my forehead and leant his head, tilted at an angle, on top of mine. I hummed in response, knowing that we had planned for Rachel and I to attend the Miami Grand Prix. We were both extremely excited about this trip as it was a tick for our holiday destination bucket list.

We had planned to arrive in Miami on May 6th, getting there as first practice started and staying over the weekend, leaving on 9th. We had then agreed to take a trip back to London, as I had a photoshoot arranged with IMG on 12th May. This worked out well for seeing Daniel as he could stay with us due to arranged visits to MTC and testing in the simulator. Rachel and myself were going to stay in London for a few weeks, Daniel would then need to leave for Barcelona before I agreed to meet him in Monaco. It was going to be a busy month, but we wanted to make things work and take our time in doing so.