Chapter 82 - AGR

AMY

As we approached the 12th hour since my contractions started, I was beginning to become exhausted. My body was running on empty as I powered on through, targeting each pain head on, determined to make it through until she was resting in my arms.

It was now midnight as the night drew in and the boys still remained in the room, keeping me company in between pains as they tried to take my attention away from the bone breaking agony I found myself in.

Faith had reassured me consistently, informing the other midwives of my requests during our birthing plan, just so I could focus on myself and not having to relay information to any other person.

Daniel was becoming distressed as he watched on, not being able to do much in order to help, except for squeezing my hand when the time came.

As the midwives suggested, I'd lost all dignity when it came to labour, throwing my legs wide open for anyone who came into the room, hoping they'd tell me that she had just fallen out so I could be put out of my misery.

I'd opted for no epidural, which I was now heavily regretting due to the sensations I could feel in my intimate regions. I wanted to keep my birth as natural as possible and the use of an epidural didn't fit into my original plans.

I wish I had listened to Faith beforehand.

My mom and Grace had been on FaceTime with each other throughout these 12 hours, adding Daniel in every half an hour or so to see whether I'd had her yet, much to their dismay when we had to inform them that it wasn't over.

I gritted down onto my teeth as the worst one washed over me, controlling the overbearing fire inside of me with different breathing techniques, digging my claws into the fabric of the hospital bed.

"God, labour is boring." Lando said as he placed his feet up against the window ledge, leaning back in his seat before biting down on his nails.

"Mate, get the fuck out." Daniel said as he shook his head, placing the cold cloth down onto my forehead as the contraction had ended.

"I can't do this anymore." I cried out through extreme tiredness. Tears slid down my face as Daniel moved my hair from my complexion to look into my eyes.

"If anyone can do this, it's you. You're doing amazing." Daniel said with a soft smile, passing over a cold glass of water for me to maintain hydrated.

"He's right, Ames. You're a warrior." Faith said as she smiled, dangling her legs as she sat in the window ledge with Michael's hand firmly pressed against her thigh.

"Guys, if you want to head back-" I tried to say before getting cut off with their reactions, each one of the men wanting to stay up until I needed to push and that's when they'd leave the room, leaving just Daniel and myself to actually witness the birth of our baby.

I was enjoying the company as it kept me preoccupied, making the time go a little faster than normal.

I fidgeted in my spot, my back leaning up against several stacked pillows as I sat with my legs open underneath the hospital sheets, covering my crotch entirely but keeping the position for when the time came, which I felt like could be soon.

The pains started to feel different as the pressure had moved from my stomach towards my vagina, the urge to push was beginning to take effect.

"I think I need to push." I muttered as I shuffled into position.

"You what?" Daniel asked as he seemed surprised.

"I need to push!" I shouted back at him, hoping this time he'd taking my requests seriously.