Chapter 11

I'm covering my ears like a kid, when your words mean nothing I go la la la.

- Naughty Boy, La La La

-

-

-

-

C

armen's Pov.

I sat down on my bed and looked at my phone. Julie sent me over ten messages and Luke called me twice. I sent them both reassuring messages and laid down on my bed. After I took a long shower I came directly into my room and closed the door. I didn't bother locking the door because Harry would either pick the lock or kick the door off of it's hinges, either way I wouldn't be happy.

The holes in the wall were huge and I was thinking of many different ways on how to explain this to the repair man. I kept thinking back to Harry and how angry he was. He was gone for almost three days and he was mad at me? I don't think I'll ever understand this man.

I looked at my phone to see that it was 11:37pm. My eyelids were heavy yet I couldn't sleep. I looked through my contacts to find the number I was looking for and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" He answered sleepily and tears pricked my eyes.

"Hey, Terence." I said, clearing my throat. "I'm sorry for calling, I know it's incredibly late-"

"It's alright, Carmen. What are brother's for?" I could hear a smile in his voice. "What's wrong?"

"Oh uh, I'm just a little home sick." I told him, which wasn't completely a lie. I did miss my brother and ever since Harry came into my life I missed him more than ever. I even missed my Dad.

"Don't worry, I'll see you tomorrow." He said in a yawn.

"Wait, what did you just say?" I asked, astounded and shocked.

Terence paused and cursed under his breath. I let out a small laugh and waited until he spoke again.

"It was suppose to be a surprise." He said. "But I just ruined that shit. I'm taking a flight up to New York tomorrow and should be there around 6pm."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah, one hundred percent serious." He laughed, sounding surprisingly excited even though I knew he was tired.

"That's...that's great." I all of a sudden stuttered and lied, thinking of Harry.

"Carmen, are you really okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little tired." I said, lying to my brother once again.

"Well then, get some sleep and don't forget to pick me up from the Airport at 6." He ordered and I rolled my eyes.

"Sir, yes sir." I joked and he laughed.

"Night, Car."

"Night, Terence." As soon as I hung up my phone a loud crash sounded and I jumped off my bed. Without thinking just like I did the first day I encountered Harry, I hurried toward my door and was just about to yank it open when I stopped in my tracks. My hand was on the door knob and I tapped it with my finger nail, biting down on my lip.

I shouldn't go out there. He's more or less destroying more and more things around the apartment and I don't want to be in his path of destruction. Then I hear other loud crash and this time I covered my ears. I shook my head back and forth and by the third shattered I hurried out of my room like a naïve, curious child.