Chapter 23

You and I, we're a timebomb

-Tove Lo, Timebomb

-

-

-

-

Carmen's Pov.

"So tomorrow I'll meet you after school and we'll spend some time together."

"Sounds good." I told Terence over the phone as I pulled at the strands of fabric on my blanket.

"Are you okay?" Terence asked, concern coming over the phone.

"I'm fine." I told him, feeling like this was the millionth time he's asked me this. Feeling like this was the millionth time I've lied to him.

"It's that jackass Harry isn't it?" Terence snapped and my chest filled with the unwanted need to defend Harry.

"He's not a...a complete jackass." I told Terence and leaned back, letting my head drop against my pillow.

"So you agree that he's a jackass?" Terence asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, Terence." I said, closing my eyes. "So, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"What, trying to get me off the phone already?"

I pulled my phone away from my face.

"It's already 8:30 at night and I still have a lot of studying to do. Sorry not sorry." I stated and Terence laughed.

"Yeah, yeah." He said and a small smile crept its way on my face. "Well then, Goodnight and have fun studying." I rolled my eyes.

"Night." I said and hung up.

I rubbed my hands over my face and sat up. I reached over and grabbed my backpack, prepared to actually study tonight. I got twenty minutes into my studying when my mind wandered off to Harry.

I chewed on my thumbnail nervously as I thought about what happened. Everything felt so...right. The way he looked at me and kiss my lips. The way he moaned and the way he touch my body. Harry just made me feel something I haven't felt before and I liked it.

But everything was just so wrong, too. Everything that has happened, everything that I have already been through. The most hurtful thing was that Harry just didn't have any feelings to return. It hurt seeing him act one way one minute and then another way the next. My own feelings were confused toward him because of this and I didn't know what to do.

I finished my history notes with sheer determination before standing up. I knew I couldn't hide out in my room all night, especially when I was still hungry. I also knew that sooner or later I was going to have to face Harry. I let out a sigh and walked toward the door. I pulled it open and walked toward the kitchen.

To my surprise, Harry was no longer in the living room but in the kitchen. He was sitting on a stool, twirling a bottle of watter between his hands. I stopped in my tracks at seeing him but he didn't look up at me. I grabbed the container of macaroni that was still sitting next to the sink and put it in the microwave for three minutes.

"Are, uh, you hungry?" I asked hesitantly over my shoulder.

"No." Harry said simply and I nodded my head.

Three minutes passed by and not a word was said. I pulled my macaroni out and added the cheese. My hands were shaking and the silence was killing me. Thankfully, Harry broke it.

"Are you mad?"

"Why would I be?" I asked and thought back to the mystery girl. Yes, I was angry but surprisingly not that much even though I still should be furious.