Chapter 16

Keep my glass full until morning light, cause I'm just holding on for tonight.

-Sia, Chandelier

-

-

-

-

Harry's POV.

"Harry?" Carmen called out to me and I would have carried her out of here if I wasn't so pissed with her.

"Yeah, it's Harry." I snapped and she laughed. I rolled my eyes and she copied the action.

"Stop it and let's go. I don't want to deal with your drunk ass right now." I stated and pointed my finger at her like I was scolding a child.

She snorted and laughed, making my anger reach an all time high.

"I dealt with your drunk ass." She said, shocking the shit out if me by swearing at me.

"This day really has fucked you up, huh?" I snapped at her, itching to see some sadness or something in her eyes. Something other than the glossy coating on her eyes.

She took a step toward me and placed her hand on my chest. I sucked in a breath as she stepped on her tip-toes to align her lips with mine. My heart was beating wildly against her soft palm and I clenched my fist. Fucking, Carmen. What the hell are you doing to me?

"Everything was perfectly fine before you got here." She whispered and I clenched my fist at her words. I pushed her body away from me and she stumbled into the wall. I punched a whole in the wall behind her and she jumped. I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself.

But every time I shut them I saw her on top of Zayn.

I pushed myself away from her and pulled at my hair. I looked at Carmen to see her glaring at me. More anger swept over me and I kicked a hole in the other wall fucking wall.

"Dammit, Carmen!" I shouted. "Sometimes I just want to-"

"Hit me?" Carmen asked and I stopped what I was just doing, freezing. I looked up at Carmen to see her still glaring at me, but now with tears in her eyes. These tears didn't look sad or fearful; these tears were angry, bitter ones. I would know.

"What?" I asked, absolutely baffled.

"You want to hit me? Hit me." She hissed and I just stared at her. Yep, she's lost her mind.

"No." I said. "But we are going to leave. Now."

I went to grab her but she jerked away. I narrowed my eyes at her and she clenched her fist.

"You're already so angry with me!" She shouted at me, flailing her arms out in front of her. "Just hit me already and get it over with!"

"No, I won't hit you!" I shouted back at her, pain and devastation filling my chest faster than I could push them away.

"Why not?!" She shouted and an anger tear slid down her cheek. "You always say that you're having a hard time not hurting me! So hit me, Harry, hit me!"

"Why do you want me to hit you to bad?!" I shouted, scowling at her like she was a crazy, mental patient who broke out of a psychiatric hospital.

"Because I want to hate you!" She confessed and I was astonished. "I want to hate you so bad and if you hit me I can. I don't want anymore of this confusion inside of me! I want to hate you, Harry, I want to hate you!"

"Enough!" I shouted and I leaned into her face. I put my arms on the wall, forming a cage around her tiny body. My pulse was beating quickly, but not from my anger anymore. I couldn't believe what she just said.