Chapter 22

What now, I just can't figure it out.

-Rihanna, What Now

-

-

-

-

Carmen's Pov.

I successfully finished my day of school and headed home. I pulled into my apartment building parking lot and stopped my car. I chewed on my thumb nail and looked around nervously. When I didn't see Harry's car I hurried out of my own.

I rushed inside the building and pressed the button for the elevator. When it dinged I hurried inside and ran right into a solid wall. I took a step back and looked up at Luke.

"Oh," I said, stepping aside so he could get out. "I'm sorry."

"It-It's okay." He muttered and I looked up at him to see that his eyes were red and he looked a little pale. He cleared his throat.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned and he looked away from me.

"Just...just tell Julie that I'm sorry for everything." He said before walking off without another word.

I watched him leave and headed up in the elevator. Soon I reached my front door and unlocked it. Julie was sitting on the couch with her hands on her face. Sensing me, she stood up and hurried into her room, coming out with her backpack and textbooks.

"Julie, are you okay?" I asked concerned and put my hands on her shoulders, willing her to look me in the eyes.

She didn't look at me either, instead looked past me. A single tear ran down her cheek and she smiled. She brought her hand up and wiped away her tear.

"I will be." She said but it didn't sound convincing. "I should go before I'm late for my class."

She walked past me and I grabbed her arm gently, pulling her to a stop.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, more pain for Julie filled my chest when she plastered another fake smile on her face.

"Later," she whispered. "Maybe later."

And with that, she left our apartment with me worrying like crazy.

I enter my room and threw my stuff on my bed, thinking about everything. Julie, Luke, Terence, my Dad, Harry.

Everything just seemed to lead my mind back to Harry. I didn't like it; I didn't like him in my head every single day. I had other things to think about besides someone who just uses me.

He'll come around. He still has some light in him. I know it.

But where is it? Where is the light? What do you see that I don't? What do you see that no one else even sees?

I put my hands to my face in frustration and let out a groan. I stood up from my bed and grabbed some clothes. I took a long, hot shower and shaved. I washed my hair and finally stepped out of the shower. I put on my pajamas and combed through my wet hair. I put down my brush and left the bathroom.

My stomach growled and I walked into the kitchen.

"Took you long enough."

I jumped at his voice, startled. Harry sat at the counter with an eyebrow raised, a smirked on his face. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it, anger and sadness and annoyance finding it's way deep into my chest and up my throat.

"How did you get in here?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest before he could tell I wasn't wearing a bra.

He let out a laugh and rolled his eyes.