Chapter 27

And I feel it running through my veins, and I need that fire just to know that I'm awake.

- Ruelle, Until We Go Down

-

-

-

-

Harry's Pov.

I parked in front of Zayn house and got out of my car, slamming the door. I clenched my fist repeatedly and stomped toward the front door. Once I was in front of his door I banged angrily and he's so fucking lucky I didn't decide to kick this door down. I banged again, my patience wearing thinner than it already was.

A few seconds later the door swung open. Zayn stood in the doorway with a shocked expression on his face.

"Harry." Zayn said and I grabbed the collar of his shirt, catching him off guard. His eyes weren't wide and he opened his mouth to speak once again.

I stepped into his house angrily and slammed his body into the wall. He let out a grunt of pain and I almost wanted to smile at the sound.

"You sent that fucking picture to Carmen!" I bellowed in his ear.

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" Zayn shouted back, trying to push me away. Compared to me, Zayn didn't stand a chance.

I pushed him against the wall one last time before letting his pathetic body crumble to the floor. Fucking wimp.

"Keeping fucking with Carmen and I swear-"

"I don't even know what the hell you're talking about!" Zayn shouted and stood to his feet. Fire ran through my veins and I wanted him back on the floor. "I'm not fucking with Carmen."

"Stay the fuck away from her or you'll get worse than what happened to you at that fucking party." I promised him and began to walk out if his house.

"What the hell's up with you and that girl?" Zayn shouted and I turned around, narrowing my eyes at him. "You're so obsessed with her-"

"Shut the fuck up, Zayn." I wanted him, clenching my fist.

"Why? Because you know it's true?" Zayn kept going. "You've never treated any other girl like you treat her. You have fucked so many other girls and not once did you treat them like her. If I'm mistaken, you're the one who said that she was just another bitch you were going to break and have fun doing it!"

I wanted to connect my fist with his face. I wanted to see blood gush out of his nose. I wanted to see him writhing in pain. Yet, I forced my fist into my pockets and grinded my teeth together. I turned around and headed toward my car. Zayn shouted my name over and over again and each time the temptation to hurt him grew stronger.

I don't know how I was able to get in my car. I don't know how I was able to drive away from Zayn without hitting him with my car. I just did.

I didn't go back to Carmen that night. I knew if I did I'd get blinded by confused anger and take it out on her. When I made it to her apartment building I slowed down but kept driving.

Carmen's Pov.

Harry never came back last night and that action stung pretty bad. I went to my classes in zombie mode. Hearing but not really listening; seeing but not really paying attention. Professor Cox was the only teacher of mine to actually notice my zombie-like state. She came over to speak with me about my well-being and told me that everything would work out. On the outside I smile and accepted her advice, on the inside I threw that piece of crap away like it was trash.